doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: builder Tom Armbrust preferred phone and address - 06/29/16 01:23 AM
I spoke with Tom today and he said the phone we have been calling is his home phone and he would prefer our using his cell # 815-451-6649 since he is not usually home during the day. He asked me to let everyone know this.

I have seen several addresses on the internet. Here is the correct one (note the zip code):
Ballistic Research
1108 W. May Ave.
McHenry, IL 60051

It is still $5/shell.
Posted By: dogon Re: Tom Armbrust preferred phone and address - 06/29/16 01:25 AM
Thanks for the update !!
Thanks, that's good to know. I just sent him some loads to test.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Tom Armbrust preferred phone and address - 06/29/16 02:11 AM
I posted this on 16ga.com , thank you for the update
Mike
I had him load some 8s, last September, at $3.00 each. That was with lead shot. Has he raised his price, or is $5.00 for non-toxic shot?
Load? I thought we were talking about pressure testing loads that were sent to him.

I did not know he would load for you.

SRH
Posted By: builder Re: Tom Armbrust preferred phone and address - 06/29/16 03:19 AM
The $5.00 charge per shell is for pressure testing. I was not aware he prepared special loads.
Evening Lads
Can you just send send him 5 loaded rounds in the mail?....I thought that would be a no no?
Creative packaging ,as in its only illegal if you get caught?
Just wondering how it works
Cheers
franc
Absolutely you can. Have done so many times.

SRH
I just did a little google, seems it has to be UPS or FEDx....not no how USPS?, is that co0rrect Stan?
cheers
franc
Posted By: builder Re: Tom Armbrust preferred phone and address - 06/30/16 02:54 AM
Tom Armbrust said to use UPS or Fedex. He said do not use the post office.

Remember you are delivering to a Ballistic place and the mailman knows what is inside the package without looking.

That said, in the past I used priority mail and did not have a problem.
Originally Posted By: builder
Remember you are delivering to a Ballistic place and the mailman knows what is inside the package without looking.

That is giving government employees the credit for having more reasoning power than I do. Plus, it is assuming that a rural mail carrier actually "cares" what is in the package, which they don't, IMO. There is nothing in the address that I use that says anything about ballistics.

SRH
Originally Posted By: builder

I have seen several addresses on the internet. Here is the correct one (note the zip code):
Ballistic Research
1108 W. May Street
McHenry, IL 60051

Is it 1108 W. May Street, or is it 1108 W. May Avenue? When you Google that address it is shown as Avenue.
I send it to that address W.S., but I put Tom's name on it instead of "Ballistic Research".

SRH
I just looked and the last letter I received from Tom had 1108 W. May Avenue, not Street, as the return address.

SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com