doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: pittypatdugan Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 01:57 AM
My friend has a .410 Charles Dailey o/u
Made by Miroku. He has a broken hammer spring and I can't find anyone that is willing to repair it. People think it is made like a Winchester 101, it is not
THANKS IN ADVANCE for any help.
pddugan@bellsouth.net

Posted By: LeverHead Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 02:07 AM
I think it's made like the Citori, no? Shouldn't be that big of a deal, unless I'm missing something.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 03:10 AM
It has absolutely no relationship to the old 101, other than having been made in Japan. Miroku makes the Citori for Browning, and some parts may be interchangeable, most apparently not. There is a gunsmith in Arizona who has a pile of Miroku parts. He used to advertise on GunBroker, may still do so. Do a GB search for Miroku and scroll through.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 03:14 AM
It is like a Pre-Type 1 Citori

Has he tried
http://www.artsgunshop.com/

also look here

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554031775
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 09:42 AM
Have him try Midwest Gun Works.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 11:46 AM
Abe Chaber, out in CT, used to work on those guns back when they were being imported. Don't know whether he is still in business.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 12:48 PM
Since you're in Georgia, I would give Bill Schwarz a call. He is capable of making springs and is very reasonable.

Bill Schwarz
Elijay, Ga.
706-276-7668
Posted By: CMWill Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 01:09 PM
For what its worth - the link below is to Leeroy Wisner's site and contains some very useful information about the Miroku O/Us.

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun%20Articles/Miroku_MS_tool.html

This link shows gunsmith B.K. Webster of England making a new spring for a Miroku O/U

http://www.bkwebstergunsmith.com/making-a-miroku-v-main-spring.html
My memory says you will need a flat spring, aka V spring. There was a guy MANY years ago who converted them to coil springs but I doubt if he is still at it. I recomend you fing a guy who makes springs.

bill
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/22/16 09:10 PM
Those Miroku Dalys do indeed use V-springs. I recall talking to Abe Chaber when I did an article on Miroku doubles quite some time ago, and he remarked that other than the occasional broken spring, they were pretty solid guns.
I obtained a hammer spring for a .410 Miruko from Widners a few years ago and managed to install it. I tried to buy the tool they showed on their website for installing it, but they did not have one. the guy I talked to said he was thinking about making some more, but declined to make any promise. I made one that is like the tool you can buy to compress the top lever spring in a MX-8, it helped a bit.
Posted By: tw Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/25/16 01:55 AM
Widners or Western Gun Parts is likely your best bet, though I've not contacted either in some time. The Springs are indeed leaf or 'V' springs and there are two different sizes; one for the smaller gauges and another for the 12 ga. guns. Both vendors are well aware of the difs., but it never hurts to confirm that with whomever you speak to. It would make good sense to have a set of calipers and the old one on hand to be sure you are both speaking the same language, JIC you get someone not that familiar w/them as they 'look' the same & your friend is going to need the smaller ones.

In the FWIW, dept. there were also several iterations of ejectors utilized in the guns so fitted, but the hammer springs were the same throughout, excepting the size difs. already mentioned. Installing them is fair brutal, even with the proper special tool. Be prepared for a bit of frustration, before success.
Posted By: pittypatdugan Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/27/16 07:00 AM
Thanks for all replys, I have hit dead end, but am now encouraged by the two
Above replys and will check out tomorrow.

The link to description about making the spring in England was a help understanding what I am up against.
My friend wants it fixed and said pretty much at any cost..I told him to buy new gun and he still wants it fixed
Good luck to your friend, ppd. Stubbornness can be expensive.

SRH
Posted By: sowega 01 Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/28/16 12:00 AM
B&C Gunsmithing Lake Havasu AZ Bob Storms 928 854 8209
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/28/16 12:04 AM
Amazing; international bulletin board and you got a local answer. You coulda just gone to the cafe and had coffee...Geo
Posted By: pittypatdugan Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/29/16 05:01 PM
To all Miroku owners, Bob Storms in Lake Havasu, Arizona
928 854 8209 has the parts and knows how to fix them. Bottom Spring
is the hardest, top spring is easier.B&C Gunsmithing

Thanks for all the help

Pat
Posted By: Shotgunlover Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/29/16 07:37 PM
My early Citori has an action like the one shown in the spring making video but it definitely has COIL springs. I think that at some point Miroku adopted the Niettner system and went over to coil springs working vertically in the action recesses.

Perhaps it is worth making sure whether the springs are coil or V. Coil springs on my Citori are dead easy to remove and replace. Easier than behind-the-hammer type of spring.
Posted By: dal Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 04/30/16 09:13 PM
A pretty good internal design history here (not the installation tool), if it hasn't already been posted.

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun%20Articles/Miroku_O-U_shotguns.html
Posted By: pittypatdugan Re: Charles Dailey .410 made by Miroku - 06/06/16 06:27 AM
Bob Storms repaired the gun by replacing
Both top and bottom v springs. Repaair time about 3 weeks, super nice man to deal with and reasonable cost. He has the parts and has been repairing these guns for years. He is the only man in USA that can do this, because I looked and looked
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com