doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DrBob Vintagers Cup 2015 - 04/02/15 12:18 PM
Has anybody heard anything about the 2015 Vintager's Cup?
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Vintagers Cup 2015 - 04/02/15 12:48 PM
They have always been a bit late in their event announcements.

Contact John Chudzik as he is handling it now, replacing Ray Poudre.
Posted By: DrBob Re: Vintagers Cup 2015 - 04/02/15 05:46 PM
Do you have contact information?
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: Vintagers Cup 2015 - 04/04/15 05:10 PM
From the circular letter/email sent out recently, the Vintage Cup annual event, as we know (and love) it, is 'toast'.
With Ray's recent well earned retirement, there appears not to be the will to continue organising an annual event in a regular location.
It has been muted that the annual event could move around the chapters, who would volunteer to host the event in their locality, restricted to members and member vendors only.
I dare say that this has some virtue as it would spread the load round the many members of the club. However, I doubt it would amount to a gathering of more than 10 or 20, certainly not enough to support any serious vendors.
I for one would be unlikely to attend.
Posted By: Condor Re: Vintagers Cup 2015 - 04/04/15 08:26 PM
I received that same email from Ray. I am a member of the Northeast chapter and I read the " circular" to discus major organizational changes geared to involve other chapters around the country. The board and officers would be expanded. I also read the discussion of the member only type of events as a " wish" list and not definitive. It seems that there is a push to increase membership and to give all chapters equal participation in broad events. Membership is only $75. This past year a new Florida chapter was organized and seems quite active . I am sure much discussion will evolve as to how best to handle the Vintage Cup going forward. The group has a web site which I think is Vintagers.org. I know only about as much as other non officer members.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com