doublegunshop.com - home
I have a Damascus gun and 2 7/8 chambers at least that is what I think they are and was looking around the net for tubes.I just started looking and I'm not sure what I need.I just want to shoot some lite nitro load's. I have seen a few that convert to 20 and 16's. Who's do I want
Gauge Mates makes a 10 to 12 chamber insert. Most of the other options force you to go down at least one more gauge -http://www.gaugemate.com.

I have used their 10 to 12 inserts as well as the 12 to 28 and 28 to .410 inserts with good results.

Good luck.

Ken
I use Gauge-Mate silver 10-12 reducers in my Baker Pigeon Gun and my NID Ithaca Super-Ten --

http://www.gaugemate.com/info/sub-gauge-adapters
I have used Gaugemate Golds to shoot 12 gauge shells in my 2 7/8" Damascus 10 gauge. They work great with Winchester AA extra light or Remington STS light loads.
Monty, I used a pair of Gaugemate silvers with a 10 gauge 1978 Colt I used to own. I was very pleased with them, however as mentioned above you need to use Winchester AA's or Remington STS loads, I tried Rio's and they tended to stick in the Gaugemate.
I've use Gaugemates silvers 10 to 12 in four 10's so far. I needed to clean up chambers and remove a few .001 with sand paper on the reducers for one of the tight ones. They don't make the silver series anymore, wish they did. Also had to remove a little from the rim with file for one. I've got multiple sets so I can fit them to the gun. I also use any brand of shell. I like the Fed. papers for the BP loads and Fed plastic for smokeless. Never a problem with sticking if they are fitted to the gun.
Checking the Gauge Mate web site, looks like the 10 to 12 gauge Silvers Mates are not in stock. And maybe not in Gold except 10 to 16 gauge?

Jolly
Originally Posted By: Jolly Bill
Checking the Gauge Mate web site, looks like the 10 to 12 gauge Silvers Mates are not in stock. And maybe not in Gold except 10 to 16 gauge?

Jolly
Sent you a PM
Been using the 10 to 12 chamber inserts for years. I even shoot a few twelve gauge shells in a ten without inserts when ten gauge shells run short in a goose pit. "Don't need no darn inserts."
Since I've sold all of my 10 ga guns...I've got a handful of 10x12 Guage Mates if anyone needs some. I believe they are the Silvers and some are new. I believe I have 4-5 sets. Send me a PM if interested.
PM sent, thanks, Mike
I called them and they didn't have any in stock. sent private message to Ken with phone no#

I have one set of the 10x12 Gauge Mates left. Send me your mailing address by PM, make a contribution to Dave's BBS and they're yours.
First come first served.

Regards,
Ken
All sets are spoken for.
Good shooting!

Ken
UPDATE
Today, using the Gauge Mates that Ken sent to me, I shot my Ithaca NID for 2 rounds of Trap, here in Amarillo at nearly 100 degrees.
They performed flawlessly and I was quite pleased with my performance.
Ken, Thank You, AND I have made a donation to DoubleGun.
Mike Lowrey

p.s. If someone has another set of Silver 10-12 gaugemates that they do not want or like, I would be interested
so that I can shoot skeet with my 10 gauge guns. Yes, they split the hulls but I have lots of AA empties to sacrifice to the effort
Ken,
further update, I used the 10-12 gaugemates in the Ithaca NID this afternoon for a stint of dove hunting smile

They worked quite well. I really had to work to get the spent hulls out and inserts put back in and the chambers loaded for the next set of targets. smile

Sure would be easier if I could find a second pair, but the gun is usable with this present pair.

Thank you again
Mike

p.s. 15 mourning doves and 4 collared doves was my take this afternoon.

p.s.s. sorry for the signature above and below but the above post is older and I can
not edit it. I usually only use one signature per post
Skeettx,

I suggest modifying the tubes with a bevel grind at rim like the sketch I sent you. You can catch the rim of the spent hull with you finger nail and reload fairly quickly. And.......great shooting by the way!!!!!

Regards,
Ken
The silvers - some of the rim can be ground off so the shell can be grabbed without removing everything.
i use a small brass round to push emptys out mine plus i do have 4 so u dont waste tyme monkeying with them shootin skeet
I use 10 to 12 ga. GaugeMates in my Charles Daly hammergun. Gent Mitchell showed me, at the 2013 Southern SxS, how to grind away the rim of the GM except for that part that engages the extractor. Doing so allows me to shoot any brand of 12 ga. shell and not have to remove the GM each time. I can remove the empties by hand just as if I were shooting a 12 ga. gun. If you have ejectors,you would have to cover the breech with your hand each time you open the gun to prevent the GM from being thrown out.
JR
Jolly Bill, I have a set of 10 2 12 gage mates you can have 4 25.00 + 5.00 S&H. 717 575 5169. Fritz
I want first dibs after Jolly Bill

Fritz, I really enjoyed your phone call, Thanks

Mike

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com