doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: battle Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 02:45 AM
I wanted to gauge this forums opinion on a dedicated Ithaca forum. Something on the lines of the Lefever site, and well prolly identical to it. I just feel Ithaca should be represented in the way other top makers are. The Parker, LC Smith, Fox sites are all good for doublegun enthusiast. Why not Ithaca? Personally.....I'm only interested in Ithaca doubles, but this forum would also be open to the pumper fan, as well any other Ithaca gun. I would however not mix interest. In other words....."click" on Ithaca Double forum(for the double people, which would prolly make up the most here) or "click" on Ithaca Pump forum(alot of mod. 37 people out there too).

So what ya think? If you think it's silly or whatever thats alright, I got thick skin! However, I would apprecaite your level of interest if you like this idea. Also I'm way open to any suggestions. I havn't done much research into setting one of these up, but from what I have read and been told there is no cost or very little cost. I also don't know if I would be infringing on the Ithaca name or name rights. You lawyer people could help me on that one?

I await your valued response!
Take Care,
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 03:17 AM
Good idea, but where's the Lefever forum?
Posted By: battle Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 03:32 AM
http://lefeverforum.informe.com/
Posted By: Cary Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 03:46 AM
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?F=59 It's an I love my Ithaca forum. Doesn't get a lot of traffic and posters are generaly younger and less experienced than you'll find here but if you pay attention, you're likely to find yourself among friends. Old friends
Posted By: battle Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 04:07 AM
Cary.......thanks, I did know about that site/blog. So are you saying "we have one, we don't need something else"? My intent isn't to take away from shotgunworld.com, and actually they have a classics blog that groups all together. But I agree with you that there isn't much interest there. Would you be joining if there was a dedicated Ithaca site? It's FREE!
Posted By: Cary Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 04:18 AM
battle- I'd jump in if there was a question I could answer or an opinion which may benifit someone but with the level of knowledge on this board, if I know it, so does everyone else! Over there, it's much like being a man with one eye in the land of the blind.

For me, one of the greatest pleasures is seeing posters from here using different names over there- figuring out who's who.

Just because there's already one doesn't mean there's no room for another. I've even been known to log in over on SSM!

Cary
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 04:26 AM
I'd join in a heart beat. I have a recently restocked 20 ga. NID that I also engraved out for color case & rust bluing bbl's now. I would be very interested in this forum. Build it and they shall come, Ken
Posted By: battle Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 05:06 PM
What no Ithaca people out there?

Suggestions?
Posted By: Bouvier Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 05:44 PM
I'd join ..... I have a few and a 1925 Flues as a project gun.

Al
Posted By: HIGH$TRAP Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 09:55 PM
I have two, Sign me up !! Bob
Posted By: Norm Re: Ithaca forum - 03/15/07 11:49 PM
I think it was Greg Tag who floated the idea of an Ithaca Collectors group awhile back. There were several pages of folks interested. I'm sure such a site would be widely visited. At least by me, anyway.
Posted By: battle Re: Ithaca forum - 03/16/07 02:51 AM
Yes........I would like to hear from Greg, Rick and especally Walt?
Posted By: h d hawg'r Re: Ithaca forum - 03/16/07 03:36 PM
I have some Ithacas and I'd be interested.
Curtis
Posted By: CMWill Re: Ithaca forum - 03/16/07 05:08 PM
I dont mean to steal the post, but I would be able to design and host the website for free. I would need everyones help with images of various grades, historical information such as dates of productions, and other information. Im sure Walt would be more then happy to help. Ill put a basic site with a forum and we can build from there.
Posted By: Tom C Re: Ithaca forum - 03/16/07 05:17 PM
Count me in. The grade 2 Lewis, money trap, never ending project gun I'm working on should make me a life member:)
Posted By: Brad6260 Re: Ithaca forum - 03/16/07 05:22 PM
Sounds great !
Posted By: Tom28ga Re: Ithaca forum - 03/16/07 11:20 PM
I love my Ithacas, have been to the old Ithaca plants on many occasions, and feel that there should be a place for all Ithaca owers and admirers to gather.

I'm on board!!
Posted By: Doug Waterman Re: Ithaca forum - 03/17/07 04:41 AM
Count me in, too....
Posted By: Ed Stabler Re: Ithaca forum - 03/17/07 11:41 AM
Count me in as well. I think Greg has had a lot on his plate of late, I haven't seen a post regarding starting the Ithaca group for a long time. -- Ed
Posted By: B Frech Re: Ithaca forum - 03/17/07 01:36 PM
I would also be a member & frequent visitor. My only fear is that those nice Ithacas that are now such a relative bargain will begin to act like Parkers and Foxes.
Posted By: Shoot-N-Release Re: Ithaca forum - 03/18/07 05:00 AM
Why segregate? If all those that appreciate a make or model post their interest here others will be exposed and gain interest. I recently aquired interest in the Remington 1894 but would prolly not have done so if there was an exclusive 1894 site where they all hang out. Don't make it into a high school clique thing. Let's keep it in the BBS and let it all flow loose and easy. Those who want will join in on a particular subject and those that don't will find another string in their interest.
Posted By: Rick Beckner Re: Ithaca forum - 03/22/07 09:45 PM
I think that all Ithaca "aficonado's" would be interested in a Ithaca forum and that Mr. Will's offer to set up a dedicated web site, considering the effort involved, is certainly quite generous. However, to play the "devils advocate" maybe we are putting the horse before the cart. If there was an organized Ithaca Collectors Group the web site could serve as a centralized location where information could be diseminated, questions answered and theories explored. Without such a group to provide the core of the discussion I think that a dedicated forum or web site would result, for the most part, in the same type of questions posed on this board and on the Shotgun World Forum; "when was my Ithaca born", "how much is my Ithaca worth", or questions that could be easily answered if the questioneer took the time to do a little research using material that is presently available. Much of this material is copywrited and not available to be posted on a public website. I think that for the majority of viewers the posted questions and resulting answers on both this board and the Shotgun World Forum serve their purpose.
Posted By: Dave J Re: Ithaca forum - 04/06/07 08:00 PM
What ever happened with this idea? Seems like there are enough of us on here that it would be practical and helpful.

Dave
Posted By: Greg Tag Re: Ithaca forum - 04/06/07 11:54 PM
Friends:

I was glad to see this thread. I am looking forward to the Ithaca site.

The organization is about ready to go, too, just need to incorporate and have some money to do so. Anybody want to ramrod that?

I sorta have been busy since my wifes death. I am currently taking undergrad courses at Texas A & M to get ready to enter a Masters degree program next fall, and being single Dad to 3 and still running my firm... I dont have much time to play.

We still need a name that makes most people happy.

If there is real interest, I have the address list of about 60 names....and I will be pleased to forward to whoever wants to take the bull by the horns.

Regards

GKT
Posted By: R.R. Re: Ithaca forum - 04/07/07 01:28 AM
Greg, sorry to hear of your tough times and loss. Best wishes to you in the future.
I would be interested in a association and forum.
Posted By: hydawaydoc Re: Ithaca forum - 08/03/07 05:16 PM
I would certainly welcome an Ithaca forum. While my main interest is model 37's I have several sxs starting with Flues versions and continuing thru the Lamboy models.

Charlie
Posted By: rabbit Re: Ithaca forum - 08/03/07 09:08 PM
Battle:
Sometimes things get a bit slow at the Lefever forum. If it's to be Ithaca Gun, why not just let it be Ithaca Gun. Start the dedicated site but get the best of the smorgasbord approach (as here) by not segregating the interests (37 discussion mixed in with the doublegun posts; let the SBT guys and guys who have the later SKBs jump right in). Let the thing branch without a lot of pigeonholing. I'd love to know more about Emil Flues' gunmaking activites when he wasn't employed at Water Power Lot #6. Robt. Chambers left a "teaser" here with photos of Flues' premises; I wish he could be encouraged to say more. Anyway, make the forum inclusive and it will look like the lights are on and somebody home all the time. JMO.

jack (who has a 37 Deerslayer, Flues 4e doublegun, Flues 4e SBT and used to have a couple of NIDs)
Posted By: battle Re: Ithaca forum - 08/03/07 09:38 PM
rabbit.........check out the other thread started here under "Ithaca Collectors". Channing took off with my idea(not that i mind)but if you try and reach him he doesn't return any messages, and i know they have been read, cause it tell you they have been read. He stated in a PM that he was working?????????
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: Ithaca forum - 08/03/07 10:45 PM
When Greg Tag floated the Ithaca Collectors idea back when, I offered to build the site, keep it going and cover the first year's hosting. I must've been drunk. Building and launching is fun, hosting costs are cheap, but maintaining the thing is a frikking chore!.

Greg's proposal was also for a big Ithaca bucket; 37s, SKBs, Auto & Burglar , SBTs, and all doubles. I bet an Ithaca 1911 would've been welcome too.
Posted By: CMWill Re: Ithaca forum - 08/03/07 11:27 PM
The Ithaca collectors website has been an ongoing battle. The battle is me vs free time. I do have a base welcome page, homepage, and various other links set up, I have yet to purchase a domain, and am lacking quite a bit of information and resources. I stopped working on it due to what seemed like lack of interest from members(or what would hopefully be members). I guess Im going to finish it up here real quick and launch the site. Ill let the members create the rest of it. The fate of the website depends upon how much the members put into it. I dont have many pictures or information on the company, catalogs, various grades and models, distinct features, etc, so I dont think Im going to be able to create a site like the Parker, Smith, or Fox collectors have at its launch point. Once the site is up, you will all find my email address on the page, and can hopefully send me many, many, photos and info so that I can expand the website to an actual place of usefulness. Thanks again,

Channing Will
Posted By: sweep Re: Ithaca forum *DELETED* - 08/03/07 11:42 PM
Post deleted by sweep
Posted By: sweep Re: Ithaca forum - 08/03/07 11:44 PM
Sorry about that. It is http://www.marlin-collectors.com/forum/index.php
This is set up nicely for different types of guns.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com