doublegunshop.com - home
Anbody ever heard of Bruno Castellani? Italian Shotguns. Quality? Internet search turned up nothing.
I ain't sayin nuttin
Sorry guys. See now where someone posed the same question yesterday.
No, but it sounds like Italian expat in Switzerland. Southern part is full of them!
Posted By: PeteM Re: Anbody ever heard of Bruno Castellani? - 03/13/07 08:09 PM
Bruno Castellani was registered with the Italian proof house in 1980. There was also an Emilio Castellani registered. That is all I can find. Bruno by the way is a very common Italian name.

Pete
Posted By: Coveyrise Re: Anbody ever heard of Bruno Castellani? - 03/13/07 10:21 PM
At least you got a response?

If DGJ hands don't know, guess there is nothing TO know.
I once owned a couple of B. Castellini 28 gauge O/U's. They were side-plated boxlocks with double triggers. The actions were case colored and barrels, were, as I recall, 28 inches. They were not overly expensive guns and mechanically the triggers left something to be desired and after a series of repeated misfires I got rid of them.
Posted By: PeteM Re: Anbody ever heard of Bruno Castellani? - 03/13/07 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Coveyrise
At least you got a response?
If DGJ hands don't know, guess there is nothing TO know.

Sorry, I missed your post... There are / were many small houses in Italy that made / make custom guns. Very often these are people who apprenticed with the large makers and attempt to strike out on their own. Some succeed, others do not. When looking at guns from 90++ years ago, the common remark is to refer them as guild guns. Some were never even stamped with a maker's name. The quality of these guns varies widely. In cases like this, either the maker never had an American distributor or was simply not in business long enough to become well known. To get a good feel for this atmosphere take at Barry's post on engraving... http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...age=1#Post30582 While he focused on only engravers, I would hazard to guess that he passed by many small custom makers as well.

Pete
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com