doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: xausa Perazzi rib - 06/18/13 04:31 PM
I have owned a Perazzi Competition I skeet gun for many years, but used it little recently. It was stored in a fleece lined trunk case and when I last inspected it, it had accumulated some rust on the rib. The rust had progressed far enough that my usual cleaning methods were unsuccessful and I now feel the only solution is to have the rib replaced.

I plan to sell the gun and several other of my competition guns, and am debating whether to sell "as is" or undertake the repair myself.

Where should I turn to have this work done and can anyone give a ball park figure on the price?
Posted By: CJO Re: Perazzi rib - 06/18/13 05:18 PM
leave it as is and take a small hit on the price, rib work is fine work and requires a good eye to fix properly...especially if in the matted area, best leave it to the next guy, he may not mind it as much
JMO

CJ
Posted By: GF1 Re: Perazzi rib - 06/18/13 08:24 PM
Originally Posted By: CJO
leave it as is and take a small hit on the price, rib work is fine work and requires a good eye to fix properly...especially if in the matted area, best leave it to the next guy, he may not mind it as much
JMO

CJ

Good counsel here, and you'll net more than if you had it fixed before the sale. Expensive fix.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com