doublegunshop.com - home
Hi smile

This is my first post here so please be gentle! lol

I have done a bit of a search of the forum and found lots of useful info so far.

I was looking at an old, very plain but very strong looking Cogswell & Harrison boxlock today. The serial is 28324.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me a manufacture date please?

It is a 12 gauge, NP, boxlock with no engraving apart from some on the screws. It is very tight and although it's very plain I really like it's 'no frills'look.

Any help would b e greatly appreciated

Cheers

Mike
Looks like 1904 vintage.
wow!

That was quick! Thanks so much!
That date would put it at 1922/23. They are still in business and trading. Records are fairly complete and they should be able to supply full details. They do charge a small fee. http://www.cogswellandharrison.com/ There is also a book called Cogswell & Harrison Two Centuries of Gunmaking by Graham Cooley & John Newton. If you can post photos I may be able to identify the model. Lagopus.....
My 1904 came from Nigel Brown's data - has he got the Coggie info wrong ?
Yes, you're right. I looked in nigel Brown's book but went down the wrong column. 1904 is correct. Lagopus..... slightly embarassed.
Thanks again for the info! .. Ill post some phots for an ID smile .. I'm a little new to most of this..I'm a handgun man!

Mike
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com