doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Paul Harm Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 04/17/13 09:15 PM
This is our 7th annual SxS Shoot at Lapeer County Sportemens Club in lower Michigan on May 11th. We offer SC's, skeet, trap, wobble trap, 5-stand, pigeon ring, duck towers, and flurry. Dealer tables are free. Fifty dollars gets you 50 SC's and a steak dinner if you're pre-registered. Sixty bucks at the door. Another round or more of SC's is only $10 and all the side games are $5. Anyone interested contact Paul Harm 1-810-724-5582 or email me at bladesmith46@hotmail.com Come out and give it a try. Paul
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 04/24/13 03:08 PM
TTT
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/03/13 11:18 PM
We set the duck towers today and got the pigeon ring machine running. I'll be setting the SC's course this next week - we'll have some fun stations - everything in the woods. If you like shooting SxS's bring plenty of ammo - there will be be something to shoot. Paul
Posted By: Eis Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/04/13 12:22 PM
And what will the weather be Paul.....? I'll be there, but Paul you really must have pissed off the Weather Gods at some point in time, have we had one shoot without some rain mixed in...? Folks, besides the weather, you could not ask for a nicer shoot and great people to be around. Eric
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/04/13 05:03 PM
Thanks Eric. Oh, there's free dealer tables or for anyone who wants to display something.
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/04/13 10:05 PM
That sounds like a good deal to me! Shame it's so far from SW Manitoba or I'd go as I had to pass on the Flatwater
Posted By: Hoof Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/05/13 01:31 AM
I am considering dragging my family up from central PA to shoot this event, is it worth the trip? It seems like a whole lot of shooting opportunity for not a lot of money.
CHAZ
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/05/13 01:55 PM
Come on up. I'll buy you a hot dog.
They're real nice guys. I've cleaned up my latest acquisition, and I'll be using it on the pigeon ring.
Posted By: Hoof Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/05/13 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Come on up. I'll buy you a hot dog.

Well that is worth 8 hours in the car! I would love to try the pigeon ring and the duck tower.

CHAZ
Posted By: billgrill Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/06/13 01:01 AM
Chaz, for what it's worth I drove down from Marquette about 7 hrs last year and I'm driving down again this year. smile I'll buy ya a beer. Bill
Posted By: Hoof Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/06/13 01:45 AM
I told my wife that so far I am in for a hot dog and a beer, and she wants to know "what is in it for the rest of the family?"
Posted By: Hoof Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/08/13 05:49 PM
Mid-week bump for this shoot, weather looks good for Saturday (Friday, not so much).

This is really embarrassing, but my wife and daughter (5 years old) will be tagging along for this shoot, anybody from the area have any suggestions as to what they can do to entertain themselves while my boy and I shoot?

Thanks again, and see you there!
CHAZ
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/08/13 08:44 PM
I would send them to Bronner's in Frankenmuth.
It's about a half hour/45 minutes away from Lapeer.
Posted By: Mark Ouellette Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/08/13 10:24 PM
Yes, Frankenmuth is "little Bavaria". For the daughter it will be as being in Germany!
Posted By: Philbert Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/08/13 11:17 PM
Or.....

You could direct them to the Outlets at Birchrun.

You would have a loooong, relaxing but expensive day! :-)
Posted By: Hoof Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/09/13 04:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Philbert
Or.....

You could direct them to the Outlets at Birchrun.

You would have a loooong, relaxing but expensive day! :-)

Frankenmuth it is!
Posted By: Philbert Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/12/13 01:24 PM
Thanks, Paul for hosting another great shoot. Great SC course, duck tower and pigeon ring.

Looking forward to you Fall shoot!

Phil
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/13/13 12:25 AM
Thank you to everyone that attended. Had good weather - Hoofs 10 year old son shot and shot quite well. Glad both of you made it - and I believe his wife and daughter enjoyed the steak dinner. Hoof won the " Duck Towers " after a shoot off. I'm pleased everyone enjoyed it - hope to see you next year - Paul
Posted By: Hoof Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/13/13 02:26 AM
What a great shoot! Great targets, great people.

My son and I had a great time, there was thankfully something nearby to keep my girls happy. We had a good day shooting, the weather was better than expected, and the dinner was quite good. What more could you ask for....well maybe if it were only a few hundred miles closer. My thanks to Mr. Harm for rolling out the red carpet to my family.

I didn't get a lot of pictures, and the ones I did take were just us, so pardon the bragging. My son loved the duck tower. He broke 10 targets his first time out, and he impressed a lot of the older guys. After running into the club for a pop he told me "like five people told me they heard I got 10 at the duck tower!" I think it is a shame he was the only youth taking advantage of this shoot.

You can see the broken target in this picture over the right hand stake.

CJ really likes this pic he took of me at the pigeon ring.

CJ tried and tried to get a picture of me breaking a target. It was hard to do when I missed so many. Then he finally got me hitting one and it smoked, you can see some black specks where it was.

Here is the "hero shot." I was truly the blind squirrel in the duck boat. I did win the nicest trophy by far!

CHAZ
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Lapeer SxS Shoot - May 11th - 05/13/13 10:27 PM
I'm happy you and your family enjoyed their trip up north. It's so nice to see a family enjoy the shooting sports. Hope to see you next year - Paul
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com