doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 28 Bore Remington Brass Shot Gun Shells - 03/06/13 02:09 AM
I have a tin box of the 12 ga. Ducks Unlimited commemorative Remington Shot gun shells. They're all brass shells. No where on the box or on the paper in the box does it state what load the shells are; only that they are 12 ga. Does anybody know how these are loaded? I was thinking of trying to take a turkey this spring using them but have not a clue how they're loaded. Anybody know? Your thoughts are welcome.....
Thanks...Carl Beers
Posted By: Replacement Re: Remington Brass Shot Gun Shells - 03/06/13 02:28 AM
I have what are probably the same shells. All brass, green tin, DU marked on the top wad, no paper inside the tin. Only marking on the tin is a sticker on the bottom that says "Made in Brazil." Since you are willing to shoot them, why not just cut out the wad on one and measure/weigh the shot charge? If you are using a modern shotgun, the powder charge should not be an issue. Easy for me to say, it's not my gun.

Or, you could send a sample out for pressure testing if you want to use them in a vintage gun.
Posted By: Virginian Re: Remington Brass Shot Gun Shells - 03/06/13 02:38 AM
Mine say 1-1/8 ounce #8s, 3 Dram Eq. Purple ink on the bottom of the tin. Love those drawing tickets.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Remington Brass Shot Gun Shells - 03/06/13 02:52 AM
They look like CBC Berdan primed 12 gauge hulls.

They are now Magtech and use boxer primers, but in 1987 they were berdan primers

Mike
Posted By: lagopus Re: Remington Brass Shot Gun Shells - 03/06/13 03:45 PM
Might be worth more as collector's items. I would be inclined to hang on to them. Lagopus.....
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Remington Brass Shot Gun Shells - 03/06/13 10:13 PM
Mine are #5's .
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com