doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Granger top-fastener - 12/23/12 01:18 PM
hello
I am looking for an article written by Ron Forsyth, "The Ubiquitous Grip Screw" (Shooting Sportsman Magazine, September / October 2002)
I wanted to order from the website but Shipping Costs are enormous ($ 40) because I live in France.
if someone could take a picture or scaner article and send me by mail it would be really very nice. I will be very grateful to you
if you have other aticles dealing with the "top-fastener" I'm interested, I am looking for any information about the top-fastener ( doll's head, cross-bolt etc...)
thank you in advance

thank you in advance
granger
Posted By: Mr W martin Re: top-fastener - 12/23/12 01:43 PM
hello and welcome granger,
i have a copy of the article in question.i phoned shootingsportsman and a helpful and pleasant girl kindly scanned the article to my email address,with only a small service fee.
if you are unable to source a copy i shall assist and copy/scan the article and somehow get it to you.i am afraid i have very limited computer/technical skills and it may take a little time to arrange!
i am an admire of screw grips,in particular the a&w series by webley.
cheers
mr w martin
Posted By: 2-piper Re: top-fastener - 12/23/12 01:43 PM
Both W W Greener (The Gun & its Development) & Burrard (The Modern Shotgun) discuss top fasteners. Greener of course thought the only good one was his cross bolt, but Burrard took a wider view. Both of these books are rather expensive in their original publications, but both have also been reprinted in later years. I have no idea what their availibility is in France.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: top-fastener - 12/23/12 02:43 PM
Almost all of Greener's books are digitized, and links are here, along with other vintage resources
https://docs.google.com/document/preview?id=1x7ss651xh8dytVXCWSrYsDnxq94KcddMxZ77pfUxXc0
Posted By: eightbore Re: top-fastener - 12/23/12 03:08 PM
Granger, I just brought two threads discussing screw grips to the top of this forum.
Posted By: eightbore Re: top-fastener - 12/23/12 03:24 PM
Just found another. The "Jungle Gun" thread is a good one in addition to the other two.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com