doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chuck H Ithaca NID finishes - 10/31/12 03:32 PM
I'm interested in the forend and triggerguard original finishes for NIDs. One of my .410 NIDs has clearly had the forend iron wirewheeled and the triggerguard is nearly completely devoid of blue. Toplever and triggers are bare as well.

It appears to me that these components are rustblued on my other gun.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 10/31/12 06:36 PM
Chuck, my guess is rust blue as that was the process in place. I will look at some of mine with original finish and get back to you. I have no factory records describing metal finishing methods.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 10/31/12 06:49 PM
Thanks Walt.
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 10/31/12 11:44 PM
To my eye, rust blued.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/01/12 12:41 AM
Thanks Walt. Back to more decorating for the trick or treaters.
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/02/12 02:44 PM
Chuck, I just pulled out my uncle's 1930 NID 16. The forend iron and trigger guard are rust blued. The triggers and opening lever are brown now from handling and I can't tell if they were originally "white" or case colored.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/02/12 04:29 PM
Thanks Mike. Walt's and your observations and opinions are the same as my one gun sample.
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/03/12 01:24 AM
Triggers were bright polish unless grade 4 or higher, then gold plated.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/03/12 02:18 AM
Thanks again Walt. That validates what Gunter did on my 20ga 3E SST.

Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/03/12 02:44 AM
I was just showing off my newly learned skill of shooting a picture with my phone, uploading to Photobucket and linking it to the forum. Pretty cool, but it took me half a day to figure it out.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/03/12 02:51 AM
Chuck, would you please help we senior citizens with a step by step lesson getting phone photos uploaded without hardwiring.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/03/12 03:33 AM
Joe,
I don't think I'm good enough to do it, but I'll try. Maybe some techsavy member can help too.

1) I use Photobucket

2) I downloaded an Android application (app) from Photobucket to my phone

3) I take the picture and then open it in my album

4) the Photobucket icon appears along the header of my album and I simply click (touch) it and it uploads the selected picture to photobucket.

5) I open Photobucket in a Mobile Photobucket icon displayed in my "apps" menu.

6) Select the picture (click/touch) and it opens. Touch the "menu" button on YOUR PHONE (not the webpage) and a selection list of several fuctions pops up from the bottom. Click/touch the "view links" and the familiar 4 links pop up. Touch the bottom one (IMG) and it copies to your clipboard.

7) go to the forum text box where you type your posts and touch the screen for a couple seconds and a small box pops up that says "Paste" on one side and "Clipboard" on the right side. Touch "Clipboard", find the latest thing you saved to the clipboard (upper left) and touch it. A link should appear in the forum text box. The rest is just posting by clicking "submit" as normal.

I hope this works as easy as it sounds for you.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/04/12 02:27 AM
Sounds simple enough, Chuck. Thanks! I'll see if it works on my iPhone.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/04/12 02:11 PM
Chuck, that's so complicated. I think putting photographs in the mail is much easier by several steps.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ithaca NID finishes - 11/04/12 03:55 PM
Daryl,
I'm trying to train my wife to do this, then it will be very simple. grin
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com