doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Hoof Can someone read my proofs? Uggie YOM? - 10/13/12 04:27 AM
I just got an Uggie that I cannot identify. I really like the gun (with the exception of the canoe paddle forend) and I think I got it for a good price. I would like to know any information about the model and year of manufacture.
Thanks,
CHAZ

Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Can someone read my proofs? Uggie YOM? - 10/13/12 12:22 PM
Chaz, according to my 1976 edition of The Standard Dictionary of Proof Marks by Wirnsberger, the BP mark is the standard post-1931 smokeless powder proof to 12,090 psi and the CH mark next to it is a pre-1931 re-inforced smokeless proof to 12,801 psi. FWIW I found my proof book at abebooks.com, in fact they have a 1985 edition selling now for $14 + $3 shipping, just search Wirnsberger.
Steve
Posted By: james-l Re: Can someone read my proofs? Uggie YOM? - 10/13/12 04:17 PM
The V on the front of the left flat by the hook would be 1951, it is not too clear, if it is V1 it is 1977
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Can someone read my proofs? Uggie YOM? - 10/13/12 04:30 PM
It has a scalloped forend iron at bottom.I like that feature very much. Bobby
Posted By: Hoof Re: Can someone read my proofs? Uggie YOM? - 10/13/12 05:31 PM
It is a V, but it appears to have a dot over it, does that mean anything?

I am very surprised that this gun is that old, the condition seems so good. The colors are even in good shape on the bottom of the frame where it would have been carried.

CHAZ
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com