doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Krakow Kid Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/06/12 08:16 PM
I was on the Circle Fly website today - it's where I get most of my wads/cards for Muzzleloading shotguns - and I noticed a tab I never noticed before: Damascus

Long story short, about a dozen photos of gorgeous presumably refinished Brown and Black&White barrels came up. I never knew they offered this service.

Has anyone here had experience with them refinishing your barrels?
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/06/12 09:30 PM
Craig does excellent work. You'll not be dissapointed with either his browning or black and white. He does a very nice job the whole way through (polishing, prep, etc.) And to top it all off, he's a heck of a nice guy.

Dustin
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/06/12 10:37 PM
He is at the top of my list. The two barrels he has done for me are spectacular.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/06/12 10:57 PM
To confirm his 'Browning' skills, this is a Charles Lancaster refinished by Craig with mismatched patterns

Posted By: John Roberts Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/07/12 01:58 AM
I'm on his waiting list for my 10 ga. Daly's 3-iron Hufnagel barrels' re-do in black and white.
JR
Posted By: Lorne Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/07/12 02:34 AM
No reflection on Craig's work intended, but given your location, I'd consider Dan Morgan, in Woodstock Vt, seriously. He's a fine gunsmith, does a lot of doubles restoration, notably browning, and is both fair and very personable to work with and to shoot with.
Posted By: kcordell Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/07/12 03:04 AM
Craig's work is excellent! He has meticously refinished three of my damascus barrels and has one on the way.

Good product, great person to deal with.
Posted By: David Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/07/12 04:24 AM
Upon Dustin's recommendation, I had Craig refinish a pair of Greener Damascus barrels for me. I am very pleased with the results and would use him again and recommend his work to others.
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: Circle Fly Damascus Refinishing - 09/08/12 12:41 AM
A strong show of support indeed, and from some names I've really learned from and respected throughout the years here.

Lorne - Distance isn't a problem for quality in my book, but I'm quite willing to take you up on your suggestion as well. I mean, I could probably drive there instead of shipping and save on the postage, insurance and worry. Could you please send me a PM with his contact info?

Many Thanks to all - Marc
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com