doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: chopperlump German Guns - 05/20/12 04:46 PM
Has anyone ever seen a clunker? In all my years I have never seen anything marked Made in Germany that was not of the highest level of craftmanship or quality. Chops
Posted By: James M Re: German Guns - 05/20/12 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: chopperlump
Has anyone ever seen a clunker? In all my years I have never seen anything marked Made in Germany that was not of the highest level of craftmanship or quality. Chops

Nope! I've seen examples the were overused and perhaps a little abused but no clunkers.
Jim
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: German Guns - 05/20/12 05:07 PM
What did you expect? These are Germans you're talking about.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: German Guns - 05/20/12 05:19 PM
Suhl, Zella Sankt Blasii & Mehlis did make some price point sporting weapons and I think Z-M rolled out more than than Suhl. Like Axel has stated, it depended on what the client wanted.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: gjw Re: German Guns - 05/20/12 06:38 PM
The only one that comes to mind, that maybe a clinker, well maybe not, but lets say a "lower" end shotguns are the Geco distributed bolt shotguns made from Gew 98's after the Great War.

Only one I can think of.

Regards!

Greg
Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: German Guns - 05/20/12 07:25 PM
Shotguns..No. Rifles ..Yes.

After the war 1945-52 when the German and Austrians could only work on allied firearms they made a lot of custom rifles, many are pretty sad. You can tell whoever made them had not worked on rifles before. It was the only game in town if they wanted work and were a gunsmith.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: German Guns - 05/20/12 10:22 PM
Talk about guns that are mostly undervalued, its the German side by sides!!
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: German Guns - 05/21/12 12:18 AM
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Talk about guns that are mostly undervalued, its the German side by sides!!
Jawohl!!
Posted By: wburns Re: German Guns - 05/21/12 02:29 AM
Rhom pistols
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com