doublegunshop.com - home
It seems we have further reason to be ashamed of our government. Our taxpayer dollars are being spent wastefully to destroy innocent people for activity that should not be considered criminal in any sense. Shameful and shocking!

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/allegat...l#ixzz1pztVTZIr

Supplying terrorist training camps in Canada and New Zealand -
Quote:
The federal charges accuse Jamison and Greenhaw of exporting the following items: .375 CheyTac, .416 Rigby, .303 Savage, .470 Nitro Express, .505 Gibbs and .577-.450 Martini Henry ammunition components; .305 Savage Tac Pins; .40-.82 Winchester brass cartridges; and shell casings.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/allegat...l#ixzz1q2DcejN2

What has the U.S. come to?

Curl
This is what happens when the Government is filled with "yes men" controlled by anti-gun libs.....

It is like "being nibbled to death by a gold fish" as freedom disappear's slowly under this administration.....the Constitution and the Bill of Rights have become 'door mats'.......

I hope all the dummies that voted for change are happy....!.....

Originally Posted By: CptCurl
It seems we have further reason to be ashamed of our government. Our taxpayer dollars are being spent wastefully to destroy innocent people for activity that should not be considered criminal in any sense. Shameful and shocking!

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/allegat...l#ixzz1pztVTZIr

Supplying terrorist training camps in Canada and New Zealand -
Quote:
The federal charges accuse Jamison and Greenhaw of exporting the following items: .375 CheyTac, .416 Rigby, .303 Savage, .470 Nitro Express, .505 Gibbs and .577-.450 Martini Henry ammunition components; .305 Savage Tac Pins; .40-.82 Winchester brass cartridges; and shell casings.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/allegat...l#ixzz1q2DcejN2

What has the U.S. come to? A sad and sorry state of affirs- we are "Chiefed by the double-tongued" so it would seem

Curl
I suppose it will just be a "ho-hum" news report when we next hear that Seal Team Six has shinnied down a rope into a residence in Christchurch, killed five members of a terrorist family while asleep in their beds, and recovered a pack of Jamison .470 NE brass found on the loading bench being prepared for a "covert sniper operation."

Who are the terrorists and oppressors now?

Curl
I am a mixed middle of the road/liberal/conservative. But, this kind of thing is jaw dropping. Our second amendment is the rock upon which our constitution is built. This tramples it.
NOT to hijack this thread, but the liberal press is pounding the "Stand Your Ground" law in the Florida Case, when in reality it has NOTHING to do with what happened to the victim. It is a good, fair, intelligent law which allows we the people to defend ourselves and others from criminals. We must remain ever vigilant from the "Do-gooder" mentality which believes that the only defense is to run away.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE
Originally Posted By: PA24
This is what happens when the Government is filled with "yes men" controlled by anti-gun libs.....

It is like "being nibbled to death by a gold fish" as freedom disappear's slowly under this administration.....the Constitution and the Bill of Rights have become 'door mats'.......

I hope all the dummies that voted for change are happy....!.....

Bush's Patriot Act did more for loss of freedom than anything else. You can thank him for the downward spiral.

Sounds to me like they skipped filling out paperwork that everyone else in the ammo business has to. Decisions like that are probably indicators why they are no longer in business anyways.
Quote:
Bush's Patriot Act did more for loss of freedom than anything else. You can thank him for the downward spiral.

Very true. I feel sure this "prosecution" is based on that statute.

Quote:
Sounds to me like they skipped filling out paperwork that everyone else in the ammo business has to. Decisions like that are probably indicators why they are no longer in business anyways.

They were a gift to the sporting arms industry for anybody who enjoys shooting vintage English rifles. Perhaps some can rationalize such mistakes as justification for government oppression. Not for me.

Let's just go ahead and bring back the Star Chamber and the torture dungeon in the Tower of London. Oh hell, I guess that's been done already by the CIA. I forgot. We are in the proud business of holding people under harsh conditions, incommunicado, in secret prisons beyond American shores.

Curl
Originally Posted By: wburns

Yeah, you're right....it's all Bush's fault......wake up.......

Hopefully we can keep the discussion cordial and not like the 28 ga Picture thread on SSM.

I kind of agree with the paperwork not being filled out view. Our English brethren would probably say we have it too easy here as it is.
Originally Posted By: Clif W.

Our English brethren would probably say we have it too easy here as it is.

Our forefathers had a great vision and fought a great war of independence creating the most sacred document since the bible to insure our citizens could live a life of freedom. Now it is out turn to honor their great sacrifices and all those who have come after them. This is plain unadulterated BS and time for all of us to stand for our individual freedoms. The most dangerous threat to our freedoms do not come from external forces but instead from withing led by "progressive" wimps that do not honor those sacrifices or understand the meaning of the words honor, sacrafice and freedom.
Originally Posted By: PA24
Originally Posted By: wburns

Yeah, you're right....it's all Bush's fault......wake up.......

I am not denying this administrations faults, but one cannot disregard the impact that the Patriot Act has had which was implemented under the Republicans. It set forth the major action of stripping personal liberties IMO. I think both parties suck.
I'm sure every US citizen will sleep better tonight now that those Canadian terrorists with their 40-82s have been disabled from handloading sufficient ammo to seize and burn the Whitehouse again!

You can't believe the headaches that have been imposed on Canadian shooters with these stupid restrictions and how these rules are hurting the economic recovery. I used to spend at least $12000 a year on components from the US. Those monies now have to go elsewhere.
Fortress America, brought to you by the Dept. of National Hysteria.
So apparently there's no dropping a few empty cartridge cases in the mail to a friend over the pond to keep his favorite antique rifle chugging along.

I've seen that more than once and thought it was a very nice gesture.
No being friends anymore.
The 577/450 MH may be a belt feed conversion outfitted with nite vision and have a handguard thingy.
The 577/450 MH is the real danger in the bunch. After all, it originally was developed for military purposes.

Quote:
So apparently there's no dropping a few empty cartridge cases in the mail to a friend over the pond to keep his favorite antique rifle chugging along.

Evidently such neighborly gestures might land you 1 to 5 in the federal pen.

Curl
I suppose they will be registering lathes in case you might want to turn some out of bar stock.
Originally Posted By: CptCurl

Let's just go ahead and bring back the Star Chamber and the torture dungeon in the Tower of London. Oh hell, I guess that's been done already by the CIA. I forgot. We are in the proud business of holding people under harsh conditions, incommunicado, in secret prisons beyond American shores.

Curl

Not to hijack the hijacking . . . but back in WWII, that arch conservative FDR didn't bother with holding German spies and saboteurs under harsh conditions. Nope. He had them tried via military tribunal (which process the Supreme Court OK'd) and, in most cases, executed. The Brits took the same category of unlawful combattants and used a slightly different approach, which was: "OK Fritz, you have a choice. Either we hang you, or else you can cooperate with us." Most of the German spies and saboteurs chose the latter course. As a result, the reports back to the Fatherland from those "German agents" helped to deceive the Nazis about our D-Day plans, convincing them that Normandy was only a feint and that the major invasion would come at the Pas de Calais.

As for the prisoners we've held at Gitmo . . . I've read reports that something like 20-30% of those we've released because the lawyers thought the evidence was insufficient have been either killed or recaptured, back to their old terrorist ways, in Afghanistan.

Sometimes we need to remember that we didn't coddle the enemy last time someone launched an attack on our soil (WWII) . . . and we won that one.
CptCurl,
Canada welcomes new manufacturing business.Perhaps Jamieson Brass should consider relocating to Canada?One wonders what trade barriers they might face exporting Canadian made brass, as described in an earlier post;into terrorist free U.S.A.?
Once they're convicted, they won't be welcome in Canada.

A few years back, they were turning back people with 30 year old pleas to minor possession charges on the grounds that they were convicted drug criminals.
Are the laws on exporting firearms ammunition or components clear of not? I thought it was clear that any ammo or components required an export license for each shipment.

I would believe that a company in the business of selling ammo and components would know and adhere to having the right paperwork on exporting.

Did I miss some part of the story? Are obsolete or rare ammunition exempted and I did not know it?
While no-one honestly believes what these guys shipped was a terrorist. It is unclear in the articles if the charges were based on a good intention misunderstanding of the rules; or if there were previous warnings prior to the raft of charges?
While the BATF does have a well deserved bad rep, before I hear more details I am not ready to throw them under the bus

I know I have had challenges trying to get reloading components from Italy (like number overshot cards) as I can’t get anyone willing to ship them to me.

US sourced ammunition through the mail is an actual security issue in some countries (like mexico, not canada or new zealand)
It's my understanding that you also get turned back at the border by Canadian authorities if you have a DUI on your record, although there's some process under which you can pay a few hundred $ so that you can pass "Go".
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
It's my understanding that you also get turned back at the border by Canadian authorities if you have a DUI on your record, although there's some process under which you can pay a few hundred $ so that you can pass "Go".

Don't think that is true.
Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine
Once they're convicted, they won't be welcome in Canada.

A few years back, they were turning back people with 30 year old pleas to minor possession charges on the grounds that they were convicted drug criminals.

This is pretty much the same for Canadians going to the US. And if anything US border has become even more difficult. I know people who live in border cities (e.g.Windsor/Detroit and Tsawassen/Point Roberts on the west coast). There has been a culture of border crossing, especially for Canadians crossing to buy stuff cheaper in the US, like gas. In the last 10 years it has become waaaay more difficult to cross into the US.
Originally Posted By: old colonel
Are the laws on exporting firearms ammunition or components clear of not? I thought it was clear that any ammo or components required an export license for each shipment.

I would believe that a company in the business of selling ammo and components would know and adhere to having the right paperwork on exporting.

Did I miss some part of the story? Are obsolete or rare ammunition exempted and I did not know it?
While no-one honestly believes what these guys shipped was a terrorist. It is unclear in the articles if the charges were based on a good intention misunderstanding of the rules; or if there were previous warnings prior to the raft of charges?
While the BATF does have a well deserved bad rep, before I hear more details I am not ready to throw them under the bus

I know I have had challenges trying to get reloading components from Italy (like number overshot cards) as I can’t get anyone willing to ship them to me.

US sourced ammunition through the mail is an actual security issue in some countries (like mexico, not canada or new zealand)

Every Canadian gun owner I know, knows it is a real problem trying to bring ammo back from the US, and the problem lies in exporting from the US, not importing into Canada. In fact there are countless, credible reports of Canadians attending meets/gun and hunting stores in the US border states and having their license numbers taken by US border patrol so they can be checked when they go to exit the country.

As much as we don't like the law, it is impossible these guys didn't know that what they were doing was illegal.
Originally Posted By: canvasback

It is true, both parts. My father and I, and he and his friends, had been fishing in Canada a number of times. On the last trip, he was turned back, for a DUI received in 1983. He was given paperwork to complete (no good for this trip, but would help in the future) that included requests for documents such as proof of rehabilitation program completion, $300, etc. His decision was to fish the Lower 48 the rest of his life, but now that we're talking of riding motorcycles to Alaska, he's needing to take another look at the process.
.....And if anything US border has become even more difficult....

I've traveled the world quite a bit (7 continents, 40 countries, many on multiple occasions) and I always find getting back to the US, after a trip to Canada, the most painful - excluding one extended trip to several ME countries, that got me a special tour of the back rooms of IAH.
Originally Posted By: HammerGuy

It is true, both parts. My father and I, and he and his friends, had been fishing in Canada a number of times. On the last trip, he was turned back, for a DUI received in 1983. He was given paperwork to complete (no good for this trip, but would help in the future) that included requests for documents such as proof of rehabilitation program completion, $300, etc. His decision was to fish the Lower 48 the rest of his life, but now that we're talking of riding motorcycles to Alaska, he's needing to take another look at the process.

Well, I stand corrected. I know Americans who have DUI charges in their past who have had no problem with it so perhaps it gets applied selectively.

I will say this, As a Canadian, I am appalled my government is charging a fee to Americans to "help ease the process" for something like that. That's a legalized bribe in my book.
I will say this, As a Canadian, I am appalled my government is charging a fee to Americans to "help ease the process" for something like that...

I wouldn't sweat it. Given the highly socialized direction our countries are going, that fee probably just barely covers the bureaucratic efforts.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com