doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chuck H Time zone - GST - 03/22/12 12:37 PM
What is the time difference for GST? You know...Gunsmith Standard Time. Over the years, and from gunsmith to gunsmith, it seems to vary. I can never guess it even remotely closely. When I think I have it figured out, I miss it by months.

I've been using the standard industry formula that is recognized worldwide for time zone calculation. Quoted time converted from months (using highest number mentioned in the conversation) to days x 3.14 + (distance in kilometers from my house to the gunsmith, divided by shipping cost) + the diffence in your normal systolic blood pressure vs when you think about the UPS guy tossing the gun around in shipping, converted to days.

Anyone have a better forumula?
crazy

I appologize to my friends and acquaintances that are gunsmiths. Steve, Claudio, Dewey, Gunter, and the rest of you professionals. This is meant in fun
Posted By: King Brown Re: Time zone - GST - 03/22/12 12:57 PM
You forgot terminal velocity, Chuck.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Time zone - GST - 03/22/12 01:12 PM
I hope your smith isn't reading this Chuck. If he is the next three guns will take twice as long as the GST protocol predicts.

Best,

Mike
Posted By: GJZ Re: Time zone - GST - 03/22/12 01:14 PM
Dropped off a gun and the smith said, ''Yes sir. It will be ready at 10 o'clock next summer.''
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Time zone - GST - 03/22/12 01:20 PM
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I hope your smith isn't reading this Chuck. If he is the next three guns will take twice as long as the GST protocol predicts.

Best,

Mike

I had considered that. I counting on sun spots changing the schedule.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Time zone - GST - 03/22/12 01:30 PM
I have used a lot of repair businesses in my career as a contractor. Auto mechanics making up the bulk of them. I would find a particular mechanic whose work I liked at a garage and would request him to do the work on my old worn out pickups and vans that I was taking there. After a couple of years he ususally went into business for himself. I would switch loyalties and follow him. He would always have a cheaper rate than the old place and since he just started out he would get my trucks in and out and the quality was great. Then I would notice cars stacking up in the lot (along with my trucks) and I would not get my old truck out when he told me, which was already uncomfortable and I would complain and he would apologize. And then two more mechanics would show up at his shop. And while he was certainly a fine mechanic almost as certainly he was a lousey manager and certainly the two new ones weren't as good as he was. At that stage I learned to start looking for a new garage because the quality was down, the prices were up, the service was down, and owner had a long learning curve to go through for both managing a business and managing quality.

Best,

Mike
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com