doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Franc Otte 2Piper (Miller) - 03/13/12 01:27 AM
I was just thinking I haven't seen ol 2 Piper answering any of the Qs he normally dives in on.
Hope I just missed his responces....anyone know if he's OK?
I'm fond of him
cheers
Franc
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/13/12 02:49 AM
I just saw a recent post...glad i did , cheers 2 Piper smile
Franc
Posted By: 2-piper Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/13/12 11:50 PM
Hi Frank;
Doing great. Some folks don't seem to like some of my controversial posts so have been trying to tone them down a bit, so don't have quite as much to say.

I guess that long thread on the American Proof House was the last one I really got into.

Have been involved in a few other activities as well. In the last couple of weeks have put on two demonstrations of Antique Sewing Machines, dating from approximately 1870 to 1910.
Posted By: King Brown Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 12:40 AM
C'mon, Miller. I've never read a controversial post from you; controversy in the sense of that's what you're drawn to. Differences of opinion isn't controversial in my book. Imagine the world without it! I file your posts under gospel. You acknowledge differences but provide an opinion with evidence to support it.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 11:43 AM
King;
There's an old saying where I come from; "My Minds Made Up, Don't Confuse Me With Facts". Some folks just don't like being confused.
Posted By: Buzz Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 01:21 PM
I'm glad Miller is still around here. I always enjoy reading his informative posts (although he could stand to be a little more open minded on the proof house thing).
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 03:49 PM
Miller,

IMO, you have never been over-bearing in any way. Your knowledge and experience has always been welcome at my desk, and I look forward to more in the future. Controversy is interesting as long as there are informed gentlemen involved. I count you as one.

SRH
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 04:51 PM
Miller, I have never found any of your posts in the slightest part overbearing, you are a perfect gentleman, I'm glad my fellow countryman Franc brought this up, in fact.That overly long post on an "American Proof House" was full of posters who had "made up their mind and did not want to be confused with facts" as someone pointed out.
I was amazed at how many Americans just go ballistic if it looks like the Gummint is interfering/controlling in anything!
I suppose that's why you seem to have so many militias down there in the USA.
Canadian Mike
Posted By: C. Kofoed Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 11:13 PM
Please include me in the "Miller Time" club.

Always a Gent, always contributes something of value and very often a new kernel of factual information; definitely one of our best.

C.
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 11:17 PM
OK then. Miller's in good shape and ready to rock. Now we need to find out what happened to Lowell Glenthorne!
Posted By: JayCee Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/14/12 11:58 PM
CK, wholeheartedly second that!

JC
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 12:14 AM
Lord, how can you compare Miller and Glenthorn ?
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 12:29 AM
Yes, where are you, Lord Glenthorne? Please come back and entertain us!
Posted By: PeteM Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 01:47 AM
Miller has been educating all of us for many years. Some times that education includes setting us straight. Always well intended, always a gentleman.

Pete
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 01:53 AM
Exactly, I will really go along with that, PeteM
I am grateful Miller contributes so much experience to this board,long may he continue to do so.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 01:57 AM
Miller you are always tactful and patient. I value your posts and your presence on the board. Wish you the best.

Mike
Posted By: gil russell Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 02:00 AM
I am glad because Miller is one of the most articulate posters among this distinguished group.
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 04:11 AM
Ditto to all the good things that have been said.

When I signed into this site 10 years ago Miller was one of the guys who "stuck out" as knowlegeable to a fault. Also, the entertainment value was high as well.

Here's to the next 10 years of Miller High Life!
Posted By: L. Brown Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 11:22 AM
Although Miller and I don't always agree . . . heck, that's what this place is about. It'd quickly get boring if we all had the same opinions. Or, for that matter, all knew the same facts. We learn from each other. I've yet to encounter anyone here who's right about everything. What often happens is that one person has one piece of the puzzle, another a different piece, etc. It's all good, as the late Bill Wise used to remind us.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 11:45 AM
Gentlemen;
Thanks for all the votes of confidence. I do plan on sticking around as long as I can, even though I don't hunt near as much as I once did, I still enjoy talking the guns.
Besides, someones gotta keep Larry straight.
Posted By: PeteM Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/15/12 02:19 PM

Pete
Posted By: L. Brown Re: 2Piper (Miller) - 03/16/12 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: 2-piper

Besides, someones gotta keep Larry straight.

Miller, while I can be wrong on occasion about guns, I've been straight all my life! smile
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com