doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 03:12 PM
lets see now:

parker top lever hammer gun, clint eastwood, unforgiven.

unknown hammer gun, kurt russell, wyatt earp movie

unknown hammer gun, kevin cosner, wyatt earp movie

stevens hammer less?, jett rink/james dean, giant

unknown hammer gun, andy devine, stage coach

unknown hammer gun, john wayne, in at least one of his movies

please fill in the blanks if you care too... and of course add some!

Posted By: Dennis Wolfe Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 03:20 PM
For all your Movie gun ???'s ck this site out.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
Posted By: ed good Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 03:20 PM
and least we forget:

double rifle, dennis fitch-hatton/robert redford, out of africa.
Posted By: Lorne Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 03:52 PM
There are also some good double rifle moments in Born Free. Appears to be a 470 nitro express, but it's been a long time since I saw it.
Posted By: ed good Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 03:54 PM
dennis: you ruined it. no cheating. gotta be from you.

certainly use the net or other resources to verify your original thoughts.
Posted By: ed good Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 03:54 PM
loren: need details
Posted By: L. Brown Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 10:35 PM
John Wayne specifically requested his Greeners in "Big Jake".
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 10:36 PM
I've often wondered about that SXS hammer gun at the very beginning of Romancing the Stone.
Steve
Posted By: Brian Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 11:33 PM
Watch the movie titled "Utu". The one guy makes up his special double. You have to see it.
Posted By: ed good Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 11:49 PM
brian: whats happening at the fox collector forum. heard they are off line?

and did you see the c grade gun i have for sale on gunbroker?
Posted By: HammerGuy Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/12/12 11:54 PM

My favorite - the two 12bore jones underlever damascus hammerguns with crossbolt forearm - from Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.
Posted By: Tyler Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 05:17 AM
What about the double rifle often carried broken over shoulder with the lace up leather recoil pad (if memory serves me correct) in Shout at the Devil?
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 11:10 AM
I like the big 10 bore hammer gun Val Kilmer as John "Doc" Holliday had at the gunfight at the OK Corral scene in the great movie "Tombstone" He fired that two-holer three- yup- count 'em three-times before he broke it open to reload--

And as "The GodFather" is my all-time top favorite movie- both the hammer "Luparas" Michael's bodyguards carried in Sicily, and the sawed-off Richard Castellano (Pete Clemenza)carried in a flower box in the "Five family Wipe-Out" scene- he dumps off the box and lets off both barrels into the elevator full of wiseguys! Talk about your: Badda-Bing, Badda-Boom!!!
Posted By: Steve I. Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 11:17 AM
I have two one double, one not...

The 45-110 in Quigley Down Under while not a double definately a classic (I know all you double guys out there have a Sharps hankerin' now and then)

The extremely short double that "Mississippi" used in Rio Lobo while not elegant was certainly effective!

Oops one more, how about the Browning Superposed in "Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead" Now that's doing dishes the right way!
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 12:28 PM
What's the Auto & Burglar Mel Gibson carries in the Road Warrior?
A lot of shotgun gunfights in UTU, good movie that could have been better.
If you order it be careful as the movie was made in New Zealand and there may be 'Region' issues with the DVD and your player.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 12:58 PM
There was a short-lived TV show in the late 50's called "Yancy Derringer", with Jock Mahoney in the starring role. His Indian companion, Pahoo, carried a double under a blanket he always wore.
Posted By: ed good Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 01:33 PM
who played pahoo?
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 01:38 PM
Originally Posted By: ed good
who played pahoo?

X Brands.
Posted By: watchknut Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 02:11 PM
What double did Brad Pitt give Anthony Hopkins in "Legends of the Fall"? I have not been able to get an answer anywhere. The engraved plaque on the stock was awesome. Looks like a William Evans.

The Holland & Holland Paradox is pretty cool as well.
Posted By: PM Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 02:16 PM
The 8 bore double rifles in King Solomons Mines with Stewart Grainger.
Posted By: gunman Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 07:46 PM
Tremors . Westly Richards .375?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 07:59 PM
In Tombstone, Billy Clanton used a 1878 Parker 12 ga. hammergun, Wyatt used a 10 ga. Stevens, and Doc used a sawed-off 10 ga. Meteor.

I most liked the 12 ga. sleeved into a 10 ga. that was used in Appaloosa.

SRH
Posted By: ed good Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 08:03 PM
PM: running around the bush with debhorah kerr, who was quite a bush, i mean who had some bush, no that's not what i mean to say...well anyway, i bet ole stewie needed that big gun of his in that situation...
Posted By: ed good Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 08:07 PM
stan: i gotta watch tombstone again...sounds lik ah good un...
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 08:27 PM
Just wish I knew what Burt Lancaster used in Valdez is Coming. He had a sawed off double, not to speak of the 1000 yd. shot with the Sharps. One of the best western movies of all time, IMO.

SRH
Posted By: PM Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 08:27 PM
Yeah, Debra Kerr ,elephant and double bore rifles what's not to like.

Speaking of 8 bore/gauge ; What about Appaloosa?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 08:35 PM
My bad, PM, the Appaloosa gun was sleeved into 8 ga. You're absolutely right.

SRH
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/13/12 09:02 PM
In the Novella that Jim Harrison wrote- and later sold the rights to Hollywood for the movie-The double that Tristan Ludlow brought back for his Father was a 12 bore Purdey hammerless. Of course, Jim's story was 'altered" and true story- he was just a chain smoking starving Michigan recluse writer who loved to drink and hunt grouse with his prized Setters. Jack Nicholson took a liking to him, and staked to a loan for $15K to help him over the hump-- after the movie came out, Jack received a registered letter with a hand written thank you note and a cashier's check for $17,500 enclosed- repayment plus interest. Nicholson was astonished- He told his close pal Harvey Keitel-"Hey, I had it as spare change. No one ever before that I helped out with a loan ever said "Thanks" yet alone paid it back.. I find that quite telling about Jim Harrison's character and upbringing-- he also wrote another novella entitled "Revenge" and Hollywood made a movie of that with Kevin Kostner and I believe the last movie role the late Anthony Quinn played before his passing--I hold Jim Harrison to be one of the best writers to ever come out of the MidWest--
Posted By: Brian Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/14/12 12:40 AM
Ed,
its working. Didnt see the C.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/15/12 06:35 PM
In answer to someone's question about the double in Romancing the Stone, I always thought that was a Howda(sp?) Double Barreled Pistol, a gun used for repelling attacking tigers attempting to dine on the occupants of the wicker "chairs" atop elephants.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/15/12 07:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
In answer to someone's question about the double in Romancing the Stone, I always thought that was a Howda(sp?) Double Barreled Pistol, a gun used for repelling attacking tigers attempting to dine on the occupants of the wicker "chairs" atop elephants.

Howda" is how they say Houdini in Timbuktoo. A "Howda' gun makes the jungle beasties vanish like Houdini on a Halloween night. Possible that Ithaca patterened their "Auto_Burglar" sawed-off wrist breaker on the "Howda"-- concept--
Posted By: Gregdownunder Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/15/12 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Brian
Watch the movie titled "Utu". The one guy makes up his special double. You have to see it.

I have not seen "UTU" so cannot comment on that in particular.
Maori used double barrelled shotguns("Tupara"or two barrels) to good effect during the Maori land wars 1860-72. They were muzzle loading guns loaded with conical or shot and were usually elaborately carved.
Here's a typical example.
http://collections.tepapa.govt.nz/objectdetails.aspx?oid=49791
Posted By: Genelang Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/15/12 08:54 PM
In "The League of Extrodinary Gentlemen" Allan Quaterman (Sean Connery) fired a double rifle at extraordinary range at glass balls floating in the ocean. He hit them.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/16/12 01:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam

Howda" is how they say Houdini in Timbuktoo. A "Howda' gun makes the jungle beasties vanish like Houdini on a Halloween night. Possible that Ithaca patterened their "Auto_Burglar" sawed-off wrist breaker on the "Howda"-- concept--

RWTF, you just had a continent warp there. (Almost as bad as a time warp!) Timbuktu is in Africa (Mali, to be more exact), not India. They didn't hunt jungle beasties from howdahs in Africa, one reason being that African elephants don't take kindly to being ridden. So howdah is a term you might hear--or might have heard, in times past--in Mumbai (formerly Bombay), but not Timbuktu.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/16/12 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Genelang
In "The League of Extrodinary Gentlemen" Allan Quaterman (Sean Connery) fired a double rifle at extraordinary range at glass balls floating in the ocean. He hit them.
that's 'cause OO7 never misses!!
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: NAME THAT MOVIE DOUBLE GUN - 03/16/12 04:12 PM
So maybe it was TimBukThree already-- and now, with it being almost St. patty;s day- the 'punch line"-- Robby Burns and Will Shakespeare stand before St. Peter- having both croaked on the self same day (this is joke, not reality)-- Pete says-- i can only let one of you guys in today- so the one with the best 4 line couplet that rhymes with Timbuktu gets it-- Shakespeare is up on deck first- his verse: "I've travelled the world of many lands, I've walked across the desert sands- One day a sailing ship came into view- it's destination- Timbuktu--- Bobby rips off this little gem: Tim and I a walkin' went, when we spied three naked women, in a tent. As they were three, and we but two, well- I buck One and Tim Buck Two!!!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com