doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chuck H Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/04/12 01:23 PM
I didn't go to Vegas this year, so forgive me if this was covered earlier.

I was at Triple B Clays yesterday for our regular round of Saturday clays. Perazzi had their display out there on the patio. I noticed a sxs on their display board.

A friend had told me he ordered a couple of sxs guns from Perazzi recently, so I had heard of the new gun but not seen any.

I spoke to a young fella for a while about the gun. It had the drop-out trigger group and the look of a P-gun. They only had a DC 12 (12ga). He said it was a prototype. It looked as P-guns do...well made and built like a tank. The display gun was a straight stock, splinter and about 28" bbls. He said it was around 7 1/4 lbs. I hefted it and mounted it a few times. It felt a little lighter than that as it seemed to have light barrels.

In addition to the drop-out trigger group, there was another unusual feature. The underlug arrangement was a double underlug, but not in the usual in-line type often seen. It was a side by side double underlug on about a 1 inch spaced centerline.

The barrels were monoblocked.

The metal finish was a match to all the recent P-guns with that soft blue and modest border marking.

My overall impression is that the gun is exactly what you'd expect from Perazzi...a stout gun made for lots of targets and had sort of a M21 feel to it. I also feel it's built to outlast a M21 in competition use and practice.

The DC 20 is a scaled down version and is supposed to include the drop-out trigger. He didn't have one on hand. The salesman said the DC 20 is much more of a game gun. From his estimate, he thought it was about 1/2 lb lighter. That's still pretty hefty for a 20ga... not unlike the M21 and BSS.

28 ga and .410 versions will be built on the 20ga frame. No multi-barrel sets are being offered at this time.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/04/12 01:37 PM
If my memory is right, the gun pictured on the Perazzi website is the gun they had on display. That woodgrain was unusual enough to remember.

http://www.perazzi.com/en/catalogo/91/86

Posted By: Chuck H Re: Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/04/12 04:23 PM
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/05/12 12:59 AM
Chuck, what do they cost?
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/05/12 01:53 AM
Treble,
They start at $15k
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/05/12 01:58 AM
Outlast a Model 21.

Have any Model 21's worn out yet?
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/05/12 01:59 AM
That 20 gauge on their web-site with a pistol grip and that nice stick of wood looks good but the weight may be a factor for a field or game gun but good for a competition gun.
But why would you build a side x side for competition?
I'm thinking what niche in the market are they trying to fill with this gun?
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Perazzi DC 12 sxs - 03/05/12 03:10 AM
Jonsey
touche'. But it ain't over yet!

Treb
I dunno. Maybe a clays gun for stubborn ustabee aged that want a sxs but can't handle a 12ga.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com