doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: keith Ithaca Flues With Twist Barrels - 02/19/12 08:47 PM
I went to a small gun show yesterday and saw a 16 ga. Flues model Ithaca with 28" Twist barrels numbered to the gun. I honestly can't recall ever seeing a Flues with Twist or Damascus barrels and am wondering how commonly they were used. I almost bought the thing as most of the gun was in very nice shape compared to the average Flues, and it was priced pretty low, but the barrels had three fairly bad dents that were visible in the shiny bores.

The only thing I bought was a Colt Police Positive Special .32-20 that needs a new set of grips. It only has one barrel, sorry to say.
Posted By: Researcher Re: Ithaca Flues With Twist Barrels - 02/19/12 08:57 PM
The No. 1 Ithaca hammerless double and the AA hammer doubles were standard with Twist barrels from the Crass days through the late teens --

From the very beginning all the higher grade Ithaca doubles from the No. 1 1/2 on up were offered with increasingly finer Damascus barrels. It appears Ithaca began offering the option of steel barrels in some grades about 1900. By late 1919 Ithaca had quit offering any of the composite iron and steel barrels in their catalogues.
Posted By: keith Re: Ithaca Flues With Twist Barrels - 02/19/12 09:26 PM
Thanks Researcher, although I have seen many twist barreled Lewis, Crass, and Minier Ithacas, I just can't recall having seen any Flues with other than fluid steel tubes.
Posted By: PeteM Re: Ithaca Flues With Twist Barrels - 02/20/12 05:13 AM
20ga with twist barrels.

10ga this one is mine.

I believe Walt posted this 12ga.

Pete
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com