doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: BigSkyTaku Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 02:27 AM
Looking at a couple of guns on the web at Will-Sell Consignments out of Dallas. Any feedback on how they are to deal with? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 03:00 AM
I have looked at their site a few times. First and lasting impression is that their prices are about two to three times what the guns value based on the descriptions and photos. Even at the lowest selling price I did not see anything that was less than full retail and then some. Maybe you can find a gem in there but I doubt it.
Posted By: Ben Thayer Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 10:08 AM
Our guns and rifles are sold on a no return basis

Tread carefully. Nice software for viewing photos.
Posted By: BigSkyTaku Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 01:22 PM
Thanks for the notes. The final sale terms were definitely a concern and since they have never responded to any of my emails about the guns for sale, it seemed pretty suspect.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 03:22 PM
Isn't that part of the Willoughby-McCabe operation?
Posted By: Art Swanson Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 03:36 PM
I have E mailed them about three different guns over the past 4/5 months and never recieved a reply to any of my E mails.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Replacement

Yes, it is and they are a reputable dealer. I can't understand the e-mail problems but am sure a phone call will clear things up quickly. And my gut feel is that if you ask for an inspection period they'll grant it. Oh, I'm sure they'll be at the Tulsa show in early November.
Posted By: gjw Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Replacement

Yes they are. W-S appears to be a venue to clear some stock that has been sitting around for awhile. While I've never delt with W-M I hear their reputation is a good one. As to e-mails not being returned, there are a couple other dealers who won't respond also, yet when you talk to them on the phone, they are just great. Maybe that's what's going on with them, who knows!

All the best!

Greg
Emails put things in writing.

They can be referred to once you receive a gun.

Any dealer selling stuff "As Is" is basically giving themselves a license to lie.

BTW: I think it's against the law to do, too, at least across state lines. I think some kind of an inspection period is part of most interstate commerce laws. Maybe one of the lawyers here could clarify.

OWD
Posted By: APS Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 05:13 PM
E Mail is not a guarentee of communication. Errors in e mail are common and some small dealers may miss some e mail as well.

The phone work quite well.

And AS IS - WHERE IS has been around a long time. Glad you are not a lawyer. Why would you imply someone is in violation of the law if you have NO knowledge.

Comments like this do no one any good.

al
Posted By: sernv99 Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
Emails put things in writing.

They can be referred to once you receive a gun.

Any dealer selling stuff "As Is" is basically giving themselves a license to lie.

BTW: I think it's against the law to do, too, at least across state lines. I think some kind of an inspection period is part of most interstate commerce laws. Maybe one of the lawyers here could clarify.

OWD

There is no such law for a required inspection period.
Posted By: Doverham Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
And AS IS - WHERE IS has been around a long time.

It may have been around for a long time, but it isn't necessarily what it used to be, either, thanks to consumer protection statues. States vary widely in what rights are provided by their consumer protection laws. Particularly in the consumer context, standard "As-is, where-is" disclaimers (even if signed and acknowledged by the buyer) may not be enough to protect a seller who knowingly sells a defective item.

Of course, in this particular case, you would have to first figure out which state's consumer protection laws applied to a sale over the internet.
Posted By: APS Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 08:46 PM
I am well aware of the laws and the application.

My problem with the initial post concerning as is was the inference that the seller was using this as a tool to mislead.

Posts like that with no knowledge cast a negative light. That should have never been stated concering this dealer unless there is some supporting evidence.

There are some dealers and sellers I will not deal with and will not reccomend based on personal knowledge. I will ask an opinion of a fellow Vintager as to dealer reccomendation. I WILL NOT make a statement that I cannot personally confirm.

Al
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/26/11 11:00 PM
Patrick is a great guy to deal with, very honest and willing to go the extra to make a deal. If you want one of his guns you should call and talk to him. I have bought guns from him in the past and would give him my highest recommendation.
Posted By: BigSkyTaku Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/27/11 12:57 AM
Thanks again for the replies. Always interesting what direction they take off in sometimes.
Posted By: Adam Stinson Re: Dealing with Will-Sell consignments - 10/27/11 01:55 AM
I just bought this A. Zoli SLE from Patrick and so far everything's been great. They are also putting on a few more coats of oil on the stock (for free) and changing the recoil pad. I'll get the gun next week.

Adam
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com