doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: dagnarble model 21 top lever - 09/07/11 08:58 PM
the top lever on my mod 21 is left of center. i have heard that this can be adjusted on the model 21. the action is tight and closes with authority.I have had no problems. would just like to get it back to center if possible( just looks better )
Posted By: Orry Re: model 21 top lever - 09/07/11 10:00 PM
Try backing out the locking bolt stop screw from the barrel lug.

mike
Posted By: 2-piper Re: model 21 top lever - 09/07/11 11:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Orry
Try backing out the locking bolt stop screw from the barrel lug.

mike

Would not this cause the bolt to be loose in the notch. My understanding of this screw is that it is to be turned "IN" as bolt wear occurs. The lever will then go past center. Better to have a lever left of center than the bolt not tight.
Posted By: Orry Re: model 21 top lever - 09/08/11 12:06 AM
Turning IN the locking bolt stop screw allows for the top lever to follow it in and move to the left. I just got out a brand new 21 (built in the early 30's and never used). The screw is in tight and the lever is to the right of center. As I back OUT the screw, the top lever incrementally moves to the right. The screw is split, it will remain tight as it is backed out.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: model 21 top lever - 09/08/11 12:15 AM
My most recent model 21 Tournament 20 gauge with 30" barrels is slightly left of center.
I'm guessing once mounted you can't see your toplever. "If it ain't broke..."
Bob
Posted By: homer Re: model 21 top lever - 09/10/11 12:23 PM
+1 with what 2piper said. Unless the bolt is sticking I would not back the screw out to adjust the top lever. I would rather the bolt get its best bite.
Posted By: SKB Re: model 21 top lever - 09/10/11 02:43 PM
The solution is a new bolt properly fit up and sold by Galazan.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: model 21 top lever - 09/11/11 05:25 AM
Beautiful Model 21 Bob!!! Is that factory wood?
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: model 21 top lever - 09/11/11 11:50 PM
Restocked and restored by the best on the west coast,
Les Pittman

Posted By: eightbore Re: model 21 top lever - 09/12/11 11:52 AM
Homer and Steve have the right idea. If the bolt is all the way in and the lever is to the left, the best solution is to install a new bolt or have the old bolt professionally built up. I would prefer a new bolt if the gun is apart.
Posted By: A W Cope Re: model 21 top lever - 09/12/11 01:15 PM
Orry- Try backing the screw out a little, the angle of the bit on a 21 is very slight. My gun is a three barrel set and with the one set of barrels the bolt went in to far and was stickey when you unlatched it. I turned the screw out almost a complete turn and it still locks up tight and works very smooth.

Worth a try.

AWC
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com