doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Joe Wood BLOCKING USERS - 08/17/11 10:07 PM
If there is a member you would like to block their posts on this board the process is quite easy.

1. Click on the users name.

2. When their profile is displayed, click on "Ignore this User".

After doing this none of the users posts will be viewable by you. It can do wonders for lowering blood pressure or irritation levels.
Posted By: mark gruber Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/17/11 10:15 PM
Thanks Joe, done.
Posted By: skeettx Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/17/11 10:54 PM
Thanks
Done
WHEW!!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/17/11 11:24 PM
I'm thinking about blocking Brad Pitt blush
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/17/11 11:46 PM
Why wouldn't you just not read them?
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 12:17 AM
Because I have had quite enough of one poster's tripe, and I do not wish to read any more.
Mike
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 12:43 AM
My God !! I can see Homey Joe's audience slipping away to nothing! The poor dude will probably resort to the Property Virgins BBS !!
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 12:52 AM
I did not block HoJo, I get a kick out of that old geezer, don't mind his posts at all.
Mike
Posted By: mike campbell Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 01:00 AM
We only pass notes to the girls we like. It drives the other girls in the lunchroom crazy. If we don't like what they're talking about, we tell the monitor. If that doesn't work, we pick up our trays and leave.
Posted By: Genelang Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 01:25 AM
I think it's the coward's way out. If you don't agree, just don't reply. Simple.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 01:37 AM
What's comical is the guys that block you then reply to your post crazy ....act like a bunch of old women at a knitting party.
Posted By: jmc Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 02:30 AM
Ben blocking caps lock for weeks. He won't likely go away as long as folks keep taking the bait. I sort of pity him.
Posted By: ed good Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 04:04 AM
originators of threads should he able to block nuisance posters?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 10:39 AM
Start your own board and you could wink

You could call it "Ed's Crispy Shotguns".
Posted By: Gary D. Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 01:26 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Start your own board and you could wink

You could call it "Ed's Crispy Shotguns".

Pleeeaaaase!!
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike Bonner
Because I have had quite enough of one poster's tripe, and I do not wish to read any more.
Mike

But if you don't read them, then you wouldn't be reading them...or...?
Posted By: Gr8day Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 04:21 PM
It's nice to be able to avoid temptation altogether. Mr. Allcaps has some serious mental maturity issues IMO and takes some kind of delight in demanding attention even while making a complete jackass of himself.
Posted By: GLS Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 05:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather

It's like sitting in a restaurant next to a table of loud drunks. You can't help but hear them. You can ask the management to do something about it, but they will usually just move you to another table, or you can get up and leave. In scrolling down a thread, it's hard to ignore Crank Fox's one-liners. He is no Dorothy Parker but he can pack a lot of pettiness in a minimum amount of words. Blocking him is the equivalent of moving him to another table. Up until this week, he was mostly annoyingly negative. He could find fault in a perfect sunrise. The last straw for me was this week when he called someone a "closet h omo" in the “We Had” thread. The “closet h omo” comment, and not blocking his posts, is what I consider both cowardly and juvenile.
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: BLOCKING USERS - 08/18/11 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: GLS
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather

It's like sitting in a restaurant next to a table of loud drunks. You can't help but hear them.

Got it. Thanks.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com