doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bbman3 installing Parker safety jacket in stock???? - 08/16/11 07:28 PM
I bought a double trigger 16 VH and the safety jacket assembly was not installed.Does the round end go towards frame or the open end?I will probably need to glass the hole for the safety to fit correctly.Thanks in advance for your help.Bobby
BBman:
If you are talking about the U-shaped steel housing in which the safety arm pivots forward and back to lock the sears, then the "round end" goes toward the butt, and the open end toward the frame.

If you glas, do so carefully and use release agent.
It's funny to read this because I'm trying to install one of those safety jackets in my Parker right now.
I thought I knew how it went in, but now I'm doubting myself, because I'm having a lot of trouble with it.

Pete
Kensal, thanks so much! I did not want to take one of my Parkers down to see how it went.Pete they have to be fitted correctly so safety works properly. Bobby
The first gun I stocked was a parker and all went well except this...I found it maddening. If one of the real stockers hereabouts has any sort of description of how they go about doing this part I'd be tickled pink. That darn safety jacket still keeps me up at night.
I'm sure Parker Bros. used a milling jig for that cut.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com