doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ballistix999 What do you spill the most? - 02/20/11 02:16 PM
Definately for me it's Tru-Oil. I've just done it again finishing a stock...look around and I've knocked the bloody pot over and it's all over the bench/table. I can't remember how many bottles I've knocked over like this!

Is it me or are there other fumblers just like me?

T
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/20/11 02:27 PM
Lead shot, by far from reloading. The floor of my shop feels like a roller bearing factory.
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/20/11 03:08 PM
With me it's money. I'm constantly dropping vast amounts into gun dealers hands. Afterwards I can't recall where it went, usually around the times we're paying the monthly bills and my wife is looking at me, waiting for an answer to some question I've blocked out.
Posted By: Cameron Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/20/11 07:39 PM
I seem to have the same problem that Joe does. I was loading up some 16 ga ammo earlier this morning, and for a brief moment, thought about sweeping up the spilled shot on the floor!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/20/11 07:47 PM
Coffee. cry Used to be shot, many years ago, when I loaded in my office in my home. It would get down in my carpet and, when the lovely Ms. Jean would go over it with the vacuum cleaner all h--- would break loose. Got me my own doghouse now to load in. wink

Stan
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/20/11 10:48 PM
My wife never did like vacuuming up pistol primers, especially live ones
Mike
Posted By: Samuel_Hoggson Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/20/11 11:58 PM
By volume - either powder solvents.....or maybe it's Win 296 - stuff gets everywhere. Kinda close.

By mass - shot, definitely, shot.

Sam
Posted By: suddenthunder Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 12:08 AM
Hoppes #9, Never fails, If I was to bet I'd get rich. FUMBLER #2
Posted By: Mal Mac Gregor Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 12:08 AM
probably wine. Please pass the......clink. Granite countertops are hell on glasses too!

Regerds, Mal
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 12:22 AM
The beans. Shot would be an easy second.
Posted By: CJO Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballistix999
Definately for me it's Tru-Oil. I've just done it again finishing a stock...look around and I've knocked the bloody pot over and it's all over the bench/table. I can't remember how many bottles I've knocked over like this!

Is it me or are there other fumblers just like me?

T

For a minute I thought I was on Twitter....
Posted By: Fishnfowler Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 01:37 AM
For me it is shot. I've upgraded to spilling tungsten shot regularly. This calls for protracted time on my knees chasing individual shot down.
Posted By: Philbert Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 01:55 AM
Ballistix999,

Your bench must look really nice with all those coats of tru-oil. :-)

Phil
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 02:45 AM
I'm with Joe, If you reload much at all, You'll have shot rolling everywhere at some time.
Posted By: tudurgs Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 03:17 AM
I have my reloaders mounted on cookie sheets which have a 1/2" lip on them. Keeps the shot confined to the desk top
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 02:36 PM
The expansion joints in my driveway are filled from shot spilled
in the garage.....
Posted By: Chuck H Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 04:13 PM
...the beans.

After all the years of being with my wife, I can hardly keep any secrets anymore. I usually pay a price for it. But it's all good in the end.
Posted By: 1straightshot Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 10:26 PM
I always spill the last of whatever I need, right at that MOMENT.
Posted By: Geno Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/21/11 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: 1straightshot
I always spill the last of whatever I need, right at that MOMENT.

Good for you. Just imagine it would be poison.
I feel I'm bad. I never spill anything good besides cigar trash and rabbish according to my wife eek
Posted By: Mike A. Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/22/11 04:37 AM
I specialize in dropping tiny sight/scope mount plug screws. Then, when I use my heavy magnet to find them, I get every filing and chip I ever knocked off a piece of iron or steel, plus enough paper clips to start a new office, but not THE screw.... If I'm lucky, I find the screw I lost the last time I mounted a scope, but of course that's another size!

I may soon be stuck with shooting only .22s because all my scopes are missing a screw or so, and may not hold against the recoil of the .361 SuperiorMag! (Actually the only magnum rifle I own is a .22WRM. But the other barrel IS chambered for the awesome 3" mag .410!).
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/22/11 08:51 AM
I find I often spill the fourth or fifth wee dram of the evening if I'm not careful........or is it the sixth?
Posted By: popplecop Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/22/11 01:40 PM
Jack Daniels.
Posted By: Kensal Rise Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/22/11 03:07 PM
Gentlemen:
For some odd reason, I find this thread especially entertaining! And I can concur with many.

However, the incisive observation of Bob Blair tops them all... we both suffer the same malady. Only mine also includes my last bottle of Hoppe's... along with an unimaginable amount of No. 8 shot.

A toast to ye all!

Best, Kensal
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: What do you spill the most? - 02/22/11 03:38 PM
I seem to spill or drop anything that I am afraid that I will spill or drop. This can happen anytime and anywhere. If I concern myself with not spilling it, I will.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com