doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 67firebirdman chr. sturm rifle/shotgun - 10/14/10 10:05 PM
i recently ran across a chr. sturm rifle/shotgun at a gun shop and i cant find any info on it except for a few lines on your website from may of this year. it has 2 rifled barrels on top and appears to be 49.5 caliber. the third barrel underneath looks like a 16 gauge. it has made suhl, fluss krupps co. and the initials hg on trigger guard. it is beautiful with gold inlay engraving.any info is appreciated. thanks
Posted By: ellenbr Re: chr. sturm rifle/shotgun - 10/14/10 10:09 PM
Snap a few images especially of the flats and the area between the flats and the forend hanger.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: 67firebirdman Re: chr. sturm rifle/shotgun - 10/14/10 10:13 PM
will do. where in n. al. are you. i'm in corinth ms. thanks
Posted By: ellenbr Re: chr. sturm rifle/shotgun - 10/14/10 11:44 PM
Ah, about 35 minutes on AL Hwy #157 from Florence to Cullman. I pass by your house quite often and will again on the 12th of November headed to Kansas. There's a gunshow in Florence near the end of October I may attend. My email is in my profile.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: chr. sturm rifle/shotgun - 10/15/10 12:57 AM
Suhl is one of many gunmaking areas in Germany- Krupp Flusstahl is "Fluid steel", Germany's answer to Britian's Sir Joseph Whitworth Fluid Compressed Steel--
Posted By: PeteM Re: chr. sturm rifle/shotgun - 10/15/10 01:36 AM
This one is a Teschner & Sturm.

Pete
Posted By: ellenbr Re: chr. sturm rifle/shotgun - 10/15/10 01:54 AM
Peter, a most interesting example as to me it seems reveal an early sourcing relationship between Teschner and the craftsmen at Suhl/Zella-Mehlis. I wonder if it is an early example and am curious what effort Sturm offered. I think that German patents were accepted in 1877?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com