doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: oohay 12 Ga. Over -Under - 05/20/10 02:17 PM
Found a very nice looking O/U ,locally yesterday ,the markings are ,Armi Effebi- Brescia ,Fabrica Armi Fausti Stefano ,Imported by Excam ,I have looked in the Fjestad books and The Excam folks seem to have imported a low grade O/U ,Called the Senator, Made by Antonio Zoli ,I have never seen a Senator ,possibly they are very nice guns ,but this gun is by a different maker and, this is a very nicely made O/U ,Full Rose and Scroll engraving ,Coin Finished receiver ,Greener Cross Bolt Lock up ,Vent Rib 28 " Barrels ,Walnut stock and fore end ,appears to have been hand checkered ,a very nice double trigger O/U ,Would anyone know about this gun and the approximate value in 90 Percent + condition, any info would be helpful ! Thank you ! OOhay
Posted By: L. Brown Re: 12 Ga. Over -Under - 05/20/10 05:54 PM
Fausti is currently exporting a lot of guns to the States, both OU's and sxs. You might try contacting them for more information on yours: www.faustiusa.com.
Posted By: James M Re: 12 Ga. Over -Under - 05/20/10 09:45 PM
I acquired 4 Fausti O/U shotguns(410,28,20,12) that were virtually brand new and in higher grades from an estate sale last year. From the reaction I got here when I posted them you would have thought they'd give you warts!
Jim
Posted By: RyanF Re: 12 Ga. Over -Under - 05/20/10 10:31 PM
Your gun sounds similar to the gun in this thread, albiet different branding.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post162867

If so, the design has been built for export by many Italian, and possibly other, makers. Finish quality seems to vary. Some are quite nice, others clunkers. One wonders if there is some sole source and a lot of cross branding? Or, perhaps it is just an inexpensive design to produce and make sense for export?

They do not command near the prices of other Fausti's or Zoli's.

I think the Zoli Senator is about the same as the Zoli 281 (Sears import) but with a coin receiver. Looks like this:

http://www.cabelas.com/gun-inventory---hammond---european-sg---1278304-zoli-hmd.shtml

(keep in mind this is Cleptobela's pricing)

Hope this helps.
Posted By: ed good Re: 12 Ga. Over -Under - 05/21/10 12:35 AM
just another cig....cheap italian gon...that is to say that even the cheapest italian guns are solid, well made pieces that are usually to be had at bargain prices.
Posted By: oohay Re: 12 Ga. Over -Under - 05/21/10 01:08 PM
Gentlemen ,I posted this yesterday ,and haven't gotten back to take a look until now ,I appreciate all of your thoughts ,opinions and suggestions ,My thoughts are the same as yours ,I just had absolutely no knowledge of the gun or its value ,again ,Thank You ! OOhay
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com