doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 1bub 16 gauge Utica double barrel Shotgun - 03/22/10 11:12 PM
Hello. First time I've ever used a forum. I'm looking for information on the above. I am 68 years old and it was my grandfather's. It has been stolen and I'm trying to get an idea of the value for the police report. I haven't handled it in more than 10 years, so I'm a little foggy on the name. I'm not sure if it was made in Utica NY, it might have been Meriden, CT. I believe it was made in the 1920's or 30's.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: 16 gauge Utica double barrel Shotgun - 03/22/10 11:37 PM
Sir: If made in Meriden, it was likely a tradename gun sold by Sears. As a legacy it was priceless, but as a firearm I'm sorry to say it was worth very little. You might look here to see if the guns are similar http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/17474742
Posted By: cuzncletus Re: 16 gauge Utica double barrel Shotgun - 03/23/10 12:28 AM
Could you be confusing Utica with Ithaca? Ithaca doubles are very common. In fact, there's a virtual genetic tree of them, even going to guns manufactured in Japan in modern times. Without more specific info on any gun, there's no possible way to put a value on one. Even then estimates are best left to experts.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com