doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Clay N Feathers William Cashmore - 02/15/10 10:28 PM
Are records available for English William Cashmore shotguns. Would be interested in checking on a serial number.
Posted By: Roy Hebbes Re: William Cashmore - 02/16/10 02:00 AM
Quoting David Baker, from the March 2010 edition of the U.K. magazine,Sporting Gun:- "I once started to try and find out more about the Cashmore firm,but gave up when I discovered that they were more of a clan than a simple family.I did discover that they were origionally Black Country nail makers,who became pistol barrel forgers and then gunmakers. Like others, they made a name for themselves,but went further than most,with their live pigeon guns and patented action." based on Davids comments, it will be interesting to see if any records outside of catalogues and case labels exist.
Posted By: bavarianbrit Re: William Cashmore - 03/01/10 01:48 PM
I have a 2-7/8th 10G SxS hammergun from this maker in perfect cond. Seems to be a good middle of the road maker
Posted By: eightbore Re: William Cashmore - 03/01/10 03:10 PM
Did the nailmakers patent the "Cashmore Nitro"? There must have been someone in the clan that had either some engineering expertise or a good sense of humor. Anyone seen a Nitro lately?
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: William Cashmore - 03/01/10 03:16 PM
Eightbore I pictured a Nitro in that thread about Best guns and boxlocks. They are neat guns.

I believe they were active in the US market, and especially in Australia, where pigeon shooting etc. was very popular. Part of the "clan" moved there.
Posted By: justin Re: William Cashmore - 03/01/10 04:56 PM
Boothroyd's Directory provides dates to addresses for William Cashmore guns.Post the info. from the rib and I'll check the listing.
Posted By: eightbore Re: William Cashmore - 03/01/10 08:00 PM
Thanks, Daryl.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com