doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Cameron Atlanta gunshops - 12/09/06 01:31 AM
I don't know Atlanta, and probably won't have much spare time. I'll be traveling there Monday on business for the week and figured if I do have any time, it would be nice to check out a shop or two. I'll be staying in North Atlanta around the Perimeter Center area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Atlanta gunshops - 12/09/06 01:39 AM
Cameron,
Chuck's Firearms in Buckhead is a nice little place that has some good stuff. They can be a little aloof acting, and are not known for good deals, but are worth a visit. Act the way you want to be treated, and they can be ok. There is an Orvis at the main intersection there, too, but no guns. There are others, but I'm not familiar because I never venture around Atlanta when I'm there.
JR
Posted By: gt90 Re: Atlanta gunshops - 12/09/06 01:40 AM
You'd have to come down inside the perimeter, but you might want to try Chuck's, in the Buckhead area. I think it's on Buckhead Avenue. Like everything else, it's not far off of Peachtree.
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: Atlanta gunshops - 12/09/06 06:36 PM
Not much left anymore since the closing of Dick Kennedy's "Gun Room." Chuck's is a Merkel and AyA dealer, plus others, and he usually has some trade-ins. My experience with them actually has been good. Many pawn shops in the 'burbs, they are a better bet for bargains.
Posted By: Cameron Re: Atlanta gunshops - 12/10/06 10:25 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions. If I get the time I'll check out Chuck's and drag a phonebook out to see if there any pawn shops near where I'll be staying.
Cameron
Posted By: doublegunhq Re: Atlanta gunshops - 12/11/06 03:00 AM
There's a guy on gunbroker, goes by "ton80", who is in the atlanta area, who seems to have a lot of good doubles (at stiff prices mainly). Don't know who he is in reality.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com