doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Anonymous Haygarth Guns in Scotland - 07/01/09 03:06 PM
I am looking for input,comments from anyone who has had dealings with Haygarth Guns in Scotland.

Thanks
Posted By: lagopus Re: Haygarth Guns in Scotland - 07/01/09 04:49 PM
Never personally dealt with them but I have never heard anything bad about them either. Lagopus.....
Posted By: lagopus Re: Haygarth Guns in Scotland - 07/01/09 04:51 PM
Sorry, should have included that I am from the U.K. so get lots of information about the Dealers here both good and bad. I think he had some knowledge or training from one of the Liverpool Gunmakers. Lagopus.....
Posted By: Roy Hebbes Re: Haygarth Guns in Scotland - 07/02/09 02:16 AM
The Haygarth business was established in the 1950,s. They traded at that time from, "The cottage gun shop,"Dunnett,Located in the extreme North of Scotland.[ I always planned to visit but never made it!] It is worthy of note that they were frequent advertisers in the Shooting Times of the day.It is understood that the business is presently operated by the son of the founder. Mr Nicholas Mackinson tel; 519-471-5462 is aquainted with the present owner and may well be prepared to provide you with a reference.
Posted By: barrel browner Re: Haygarth Guns in Scotland - 07/02/09 07:55 AM
C.H.Haygarth and sons dunnet caithness scotland, 01847851602 Colin and Ross run this business and have done for many years they are within walking distance from the late queen mothers castle, they still have a seat in the shop that was hers as she used to call in for a chat!! Colin I believe learnt his trade in liverpool, they have a royal warrant and make excellent rifle in fact the amount of jobs they cover is amazing, I do the blacking and browning apart from engraving they do virtually everything in house, they also supply a lot of parts to the trade I have worked for them for years as did my grandfather I would reccomend them to anyone.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Haygarth Guns in Scotland - 07/02/09 11:50 AM
Thank you to all who have replied - my initial contact with them has been very positive and I am looking forward to doing business with them.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com