doublegunshop.com - home
I know it's not about doubles, but thought appropriate today. Scroll down as it plays.

http://home.comcast.net/~singingman7/TNOTW.htm

A HEARTY THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVED!!!!!
Thanks for the link, well done. I second your thoughts on this sad yet joyful day. We will always remember those KIA or MIA who gave their all for our freedoms.

Greg
Recognition of ALL Vets is always appropriate-anywhere, anytime. Thanks!! RWTF
One of the very positive changes in this country in relatively recent years (at least post-Vietnam, which given my age seems relatively recent to me) is the general attitude towards those serving in the Armed Forces, and towards veterans. There was a time when "support the troops" was a far less popular sentiment.

I think most of those of us who served considered it both a duty and a privilege.
Publics also seem to recognize the difference of all supporting the troops but not all supporting their missions. Front page story in our national newspaper last week of a soldier criticizing Afghanistan strategy to another in mufti in Kandahar. The soldier was embarrasssed to discover he was addressing a general. "No problem," the general said later to a reporter, "our troops now are more intellectually engaged and that's a good thing" The soldier received the general's medallion.
Thanks to all who kept is safe and free yesterday and the WOT today.
Criticizing strategy is one thing. Soldiers have done that pretty much forever. ("What &*^%$ idiot thought up this operation anyhow?") Criticizing the mission--as in fighting the bad guys in Afghanistan--is a totally different issue. Montgomery didn't dream up the world's most brilliant operation in Market Garden, but I don't think there were too many soldiers--whether American, British, or Canadian--who thought we shouldn't be trying to defeat Nazi Germany.

However, in the case of Canada, it appears that criticism of the mission has reached the point of planning to withdraw Canadian troops entirely within a year or so.
My dad fought in both World Wars and there was never a question in his or my mind as to whether America should be involved or not. If he had lived to see 9/11 he would have been down to the reinlistment office that morning. I watched a program last night on PBS about the fourteen American Cemeteries in England and Europe and how much the people of those various countries revere our American Heroes interred there. We all need to pause and thank God for our great country and thank those who willingly gave "their last full measure of devotion" to it's cause.

Just My Humble Opinion.....George
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com