doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Finster Stanley Arms Co. 12g SxS Question....??? - 05/24/09 12:48 PM
Hello, everyone,

I have a few old SxS's,But the one in question is the "Stanley Arms Co." 12g SxS.Its a openbox/exposed hammer,28" Belgium Damacus barrels,weighted B-stock...
Now is this Double a import by "H & D Folsom"?,or was it produced by another company?or even related to the Stanley Tool company of today?...
Also what era/year could it be from?...
and most of all a price range?if possible....

Its one of my favorite hammer SxS's,and would like to know more info if possible?...Thx!...
Posted By: PeteM Re: Stanley Arms Co. 12g SxS Question....??? - 05/24/09 03:21 PM
Stanley Arms was the registered trade name of the Wiebusch and Hilger Company of New York on firearms they retailed. It is widely held that these guns were produced in Belgium by F. Dumolin & Co.

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/art...%20cie%20gb.htm

It would have been produced from about 1908 to the mid-1920's. It should not be used with modern loads.

Pete
Posted By: Finster Re: Stanley Arms Co. 12g SxS Question....??? - 05/25/09 09:22 PM
Pete -Thanks for the great info and link! Now I just gotta see what all the proof mks have,i do know on each barrel it say's "Nor Pour Ball" or somthing along the lines "don't have the item at hand in front of me"...
But thanks again...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com