doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bbman3 How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 09:09 PM
I cannot get a PM to go to the person i pulled up to send it to! i even tried add receipent but always goes back to my PM. Please help a dumb person! Bobby
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 09:20 PM
You were smart enough to get your stars back, I can't do that even!!
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 09:24 PM
I think it may not be working; tried earlier and couldn't get it to work either.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 09:25 PM
bbman3,
I just tried to send you a PM as a test, If you got it reply and we'll see what happens.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 09:27 PM
Chief , i will try to take care of that for you! I realize that i am suppose to get a copy of PM and whether it has been read or not but i have sent dozens out and they were not received. Chief i sent you one last week and pray you injury is healing! Bobby
Posted By: bbman3 Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 09:37 PM
Rabbit , you are the grand prize winner and the only person to get a PM through to me! How???? I am the star man and rated everyone on this thread. Please send $5.00 to me!!!!! Bobby
Posted By: outdoorlvr Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 10:08 PM
Shucks, Bobby, I sent YOU one about the first day this new system was in place, didn't receive a response and have been sulking ever since.

I feel better now.
Posted By: rabbit Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 10:39 PM
Bobby, that message was sure informative huh? I don't know why it works. I'm having trouble with the search feature. I'm beginning to think I'm too dense to figure out that date window dropdown. And when I do get it right and try another search immediately, the supergeniac tells me can't do that right now. Whassamatta, gonna blow a vacuum tube!

jack
Posted By: rabbit Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 10:49 PM
I think I doubleclicked on bbm3, pushed add recipient, put "content" in subject and body of message and hit submit. I now notice I got a reply so it seems to be working better than tin cans and a long string.

jack
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/17/06 10:54 PM
Guys...let me know if you are still having trouble and I will have a look at it...

Any one seeing any type of error message? Also, check your profiles to see if you have the PM function active for your account. (Look under my stuff...my preferences)

Please keep in mind I will be out hunting (deer season opener tomorrow) most of the weekend...I will be checking the site most evenings and will happily answer inquires.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 01:50 AM
Jack's PM was the only one that i received! I guess he is the one getting all the great deals on guns for sale on this site! Jack, where did you get that E grade Lefever???? Bobby
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 02:36 AM
Bobby, I did not receive your PM. I may well have received the intended results of your prayer, though, thank you! The hand appears to be healing, the two severed tendons are mended, and they have me doing rehab for the hand. The entire hand is very stiff from being in that fiberglass splint so long, and it's painful to work the fingers to get the stiffness out. I think the undamaged fingers will be o.k in a couple weeks or so, they are getting looser day by day. The two cut ones will take until early January, they say, for a good examination of how things will ultimately be. Hope things are pretty good by then, had to postpone my annual pheasant hunt to the midwest with my son, we go now third week in January.
Posted By: h d hawg'r Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 03:10 AM
Bobby, I just sent you a PM to test it again.
Curtis
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 05:06 AM
When I click My Stuff, nothing happens. I don't even have access to the area to attempt to send pms that don't get sent. It would seem the Double Guns for Sale topic is sputtering, at best, as well, I haven't seen much success contacting anybody there, either.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: JayCee Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 01:37 PM
Now I understand why some PMs I sent have gone unanswered. I was also sulking!

JC(AL)
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 03:07 PM
This can't be right....there are five stars by my name? Dave, something is wrong with the board....I mean, IT'S REALLY, REALLY broken, you better fix that part, for sure!
Best,
Ted
Posted By: bbman3 Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 03:19 PM
You just go to the persons profile and there is a rate and select how many stars you want to rate them.I tried to rate one friend 5 stars and he got only four! Tried again and same results! He must have been a bad boy!I have missed out on a gun or two on the for sale section! Bobby
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/18/06 04:19 PM
Ratings are an average of all that have rated you...so to show 5 you need all 5 ratings.

Although; I don't see how Ted could possibley be rated a 5!...;-)
(It must be broke!)

Ted...I will log in this eve as you and see about getting your PM stuff so you can see it...right now I'm eating lunch and then it's back to the woods for some deer blasting...no luck this morning...just kicked up a covey (20+) of quail (which are not native...they must have been escapees from the local bird hunt farm), a few squirrels and lots of Canada Geese.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/19/06 12:23 PM
Good luck deer hunting, Dave-none of the locals have offered me any venison this year, but, it is early.
Best,
Ted
Posted By: JayCee Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/19/06 02:07 PM
Ted, you shoulda kept mum about your stars.
See what you got!

JC(AL) :-)
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/19/06 02:19 PM
I 'gotta right them wrongs where I find 'em JC, even if it is my own backyard, so to speak. If I left it as it was, people might actually expect something 'outa me, and we can't have that...
Best,
Ted
Posted By: JayCee Re: How do you get pM to go through! - 11/19/06 02:57 PM
I actually thought you deserved them!

JC(AL) :-)
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com