May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (canvasback, DSchrank, SKB, earlyriser), 1,111 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Jimmy W, John Roberts
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#635021 09/03/2023 12:05 AM
by Brian
Brian
A widow came to me wanting to have me sell her late husbands Browning. its a 16 Ga Citori, Grade II??
cant find info on it. can anyone identify grade and ballpark what I can tell her its worth?
I dont want it but will sell for her through my own FFL.
wood is better than standard grade. lighting doesnt show grain very well

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Liked Replies
by OldMaineWoodsman
OldMaineWoodsman
This appears to be a Grade III Citori. The wood is group 2-3 grade with a high gloss finish. Should be quail on one side, with grouse on the other.

Use the Blue Book along with a couple of the auction sites to form a consensus. The 16 gauge with 28" barrels tend to generate plenty of interest.
1 member likes this
by KY Jon
KY Jon
It only takes one buyer. Years ago I had an ocean front lot on the outer banks. Bought it when there were five left on my street. Held it until it was the last one. My price was the combined price for the last two lots. Mine was slightly bigger, which meant you could build a slightly larger house. When I told the realtor the price she said it will never sell at that price. List it anyways I said and tell the buyer that price is firm, not open to offers. Of course she brought me an offer a few month later. I hung up on her. When she called back, which I knew she would, I again told her no offers. Half an hour later the buyer met my price.

Point is, it only takes one buyer and this is something they may wait a very long time to find another. 16's do sell. I find 12's a harder sell right now unless it is higher grade. And I have been offered low prices for even high condition lower grades, just like they were well worn shooters. The market is, what it is, right now. Soft on most things not black, high grade, or rare for the right buyer. With good pictures, which I can not take, I would list it on the web at what we would call a high price and see what happens. You can always go down in price but you can not always go up later.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.