May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (AGS, KY Jon, ClapperZapper, Jtplumb, dogon, 1 invisible), 718 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,643
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Karl Graebner, Parabola, Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#627611 03/19/2023 1:58 AM
by Jimmy W
Jimmy W
last week. It reminded me of the good old days- being in the Double Gun room. And how I used to argue with Pete up in Oregon about my love for Model 21s and him calling them boat anchors. Ha-ha!

The LC Smith I was looking at was a field grade. But someone had it fully engraved and fancy checkering. It was a really sweet 20 gauge. But at the time I had decided that I would go back to trap shooting, and I had just purchased a Browning BT-99 before they disappear.

I still have two Model 21s. One a beater for hunting and the other is a trap grade. The trap grade is very special. I got the paperwork on it from Cody when I bought it years ago . The final inspection was on 9/11/1947 and was shipped on September 12th, 1947. The same day I was born. So you can say that we were both born on the same day, I guess. There was a really neat story about how I got that gun and I will probably keep it for as long as I live.

I don't see too many guys on here that I remember. I recognized Walt Snyder. How you doing, Walt? I guess most of the older guys are gone by now. So I thought I'd stop by and say hi to everybody. Maybe I'll drop in more often. I hope you pups are enjoying your double guns. I know I always did. At one time I had 11 Model 21s and sold all but two of them.

I still do the leather covered pad bit once in awhile. I'm getting ready to put leather pads on two guns now. For a while I was doing them for guys at the shooting club. But I'm getting kind of old and my hands are kind of shaky.

Well, I guess I'll get on. You guys take care. Just stopped in to say hi.

Jimmy W
Liked Replies
#627706 Mar 21st a 03:27 AM
by Jimmy W
Jimmy W
AK Steel is still there going strong. It was bought out a few years ago by CLIFFS. But everything pretty much stayed the same. They built a new coke plant. And they're still churning out steel.
2 members like this
#627623 Mar 19th a 11:13 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
I remember you from back when, Jimmy. Thanks for stopping by. Don't be a stranger.

I relate to you having a gun "born" on your birthday. I have one as well (though not the same year), a 16 ga. L C Smith FWE with 32" barrels and a HOT. Sharing that "birthday" kinda endears one to the gun, doesn't it?
1 member likes this
#627643 Mar 19th a 05:16 PM
by Jimmy W
Jimmy W
I started looking through some of the old posts and peoples names started coming back to me. I'll be stopping by more often. Take care guys!
1 member likes this
#627663 Mar 19th a 11:19 PM
by Perry M. Kissam
Perry M. Kissam
I remember you Jimmy from way back when!! Welcome back!!
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.