If anyone is curious as to what the insides of a Petrik look like…here you go. I just finished a complete tear down for a long over due strip & clean on this 20 bore magnum Damon-Petrik.
I’ve found that the action and mechanics are simple, well thought out, and very robust. One thing that stood out was the precision of all the parts. On my Mitutoyo micrometer, all of the pins measured exactly the same with literally zero deviation. You don’t find that type of precision very often, even on some of the most expensive guns out there. All of the parts including the triggers are fitted very nicely. The striker block is so precisely fitted it’s unreal. Very nice work. The striker block is a novel idea too! There are some tooling marks on some of the parts, but still not bad…the parts that needed to be finely polished (bearing surfaces, etc) are.
A neat little feature on the trigger plate is an inspection hole that is machined so that a gunsmith can look at the sear-tumbler engagement to assess whether it’s dirty, damaged, or requiring lube, etc. without fully disassembling the trigger plate. Neat stuff.

The guts:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Nicely machined action….

Inspection port for sear/tumbler engagement

Nicely put together: