Originally Posted by tanky
I've bought these tools since I was in high school in the 70's. I bought them from Brownells. Then I guess about 10 years ago or so Brownells still listed them but they where always out of stock. So I looked up where they where made and got their website as DemBartco.com. I was abele at that time to order the tools I needed but it took some time to get them. I generally checker 18 lpi or 22 lpi but now have a need for 28 lpi for a restoration project on an August Schueler 12 ga OXU. That's what the gun came with so I would like to keep it in original form. I've read on some other forums where people have had a terrible time dealing with them. Things like excessive time filling orders or just not answering the phone. Their website now takes you to a website designer instead of DemBarts website. I have not tried calling the number I have for them yet. We may have some members that live in Washington state near them. My question is are they still in business? I understand that it is probably a small operation and the demand for hand checkering tools is probably not what it use to be with all the plastic guns out there. Also the use of power checkering tools. I would like a power checkering tool but the price doesn't justify the few stocks per year I checker. The tools that I have are wearing out so there is a need for replacement cutters. Any one have any recent dealings with them?

Are you aware of Steve Earle's checkering tools? I don't know if he has what you want. I suspect not, but he does make cutters for some types of checkering tools. And EVERYTHING he makes is as perfect as can be made by a human. At least, that has been my experience and the experiences of others that I know of.