Make sure when you inquire about the barrel work, that you are very specific about the barrel prep. I’ve seen some of the work from a name mentioned above and the barrel prep was not very good at all. If fact, it was pretty awful. Everyone else seems to have glowing things to say about this individuals work, but I find that to be pretty common. A lot of people had very glowing things to say about Kearchers work back in the day, and from what I saw of that, It’s hard to wrap my head around how someone could think that his work was good. Oh well. To each their own.

I also prefer the black and white finish to be a bit darker than most people seem to be able to accomplish. I’ve never seen an original finish barrel done in B&W that appears so light in color as a few guys finish does these days. They should be done a bit darker in my opinion.

It’s gonna be hard to replicate Bucks browning. I sure would’ve liked to have known his preferred formula and method. He did very, very nice, high quality work. His brown color was fantastic.

These are some barrels that I’ve done:

Barrel prep. It’s all in the prep. Pitting struck out, dents removed, engraving picked up if necessary, etc. A fine polish, barrels should appear chromed.

Lefever barrels..Before

All of this has to go….
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Ready for finish after many hours of draw filing, polishing, prep..

Finished:

Another set of Lefever barrels…
Before:

After:

Lefever twist barrels:

W&C Scott triplex B&W for the U.S. market

English Brown. Chas. Lancaster barrels
[img]https://i.ibb.co/RCrz0RF/31532-CF9-3-E34-43-A7-ADFF-554-C238-AD260.jpg[/img]