I collect guns made in Derby and was actually shooting clays today with a Charles Rosson of 4, Market Head, Derby who was the father of Charles Stanley Rosson who opened a shop in Norwich where your gun comes from. I believe someone is writing a book on the Norwich part of the Rosson family. I have loads of information of the Derby side. The younger brother, Percy James Rosson, continued in the Derby shop until 1949 following the death of Charles senior. There must have been some sort of fall out between the two brothers as neither would recognise the existence of the other. For a period the guns and cartridges were named 'Charles Rosson of Derby and at Norwich'. There is a book 'Gallyons, Gunmakers of east Anglia' which covers some of the Norwich connection. The Norwich Rosson went into partnership with Charles Hellis in a cartridge making venture in 1953 which was short lived.

The 27 inch barrels were a sort of standard for C.S. Rosson much the same as Woodward with his 29" barrels. An easy way to date your Rosson is by the serial number as the first two number are the year it was made. If you have some gaps in your information that I can possibly fill please send me a Private Message on this site and I will try to help. Very nice gun by the way. Lagopus.....