Originally Posted by John Roberts
Why have and does the gun community insist on saying "Aya" for AyA, which is the abbreviation for Aguirre and Aranzabal? Some even go so far as to say "A Y A". Huh?
JR

This is a thought provoking topic John. Unfortunately, the problem goes far beyond the gun community and the way some of them pronounce A y A.

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
People don't know what the AYA means. Maybe the guns that are sold here in the USA should be marked A&A?

A y A is a Spanish gunmaker that has been selling guns for decades, and I seriously don't think they are about to Americanize their name or corporate abbreviation just to benefit the functionally illiterate people here in the U.S.A. One headline in the news today is that Math and Reading scores among 13 year olds are at their lowest point in decades. This in spite of the fact that we spend more per pupil on Public Education than any nation on Earth. And the Liberal Left thinks we simply are not spending enough! Look right here... we have a Professor of Ecology who is mentally challenged by posting a picture on this forum, and whines about how difficult it is. We have a retired English Teacher who has repeatedly demonstrated that he can't spell or use punctuation at a junior high school level. No wonder Johnny can't read.

So really John, we have far bigger fish to fry. We have a large segment of our populace that continues to pronounce the word "ask" as "ax". Or is it "axe"? Don't axe me. If you want to keep a message secret from a young person, just write it in cursive. Schools don't teach cursive anymore because it is seen as too tedious. When is the last time you heard of Latin being taught in High School, even though much of the English language is derived from it? It is more important to teach children that there are more than two genders, and to have Transgender Groomers parading in in Drag and reading to young impressionable kids, in order to normalize perverted and sick behavior. We have a couple one day Holidays to honor our Military Veterans and our Soldiers killed defending our Nation, and a whole month to honor and celebrate abnormal sexual behavior.

Besides all that, English is quickly becoming a second language due to the massive influx of Illegal Aliens from Mexico and Central America. The 30 million or so illegals will probably have no problem pronouncing A y A correctly. Have you been to Lowe's or Home Depot or any Government Building lately? Half of the signs and notices are in Spanish. I keep wondering why actual U.S. legal citizens of foreign descent aren't filing Anti-Discrimination lawsuits, because their own Chinese, Vietnamese, French, Slavic, Nordic, and other languages are not given similar respect? We had a pro-2nd Amendment guy who was working very hard to fix this mess. Crooked Democrats just indicted him and hope to imprison him for the rest of his life, so they can continue to destroy the country. Here's another example of how they Build Back Better:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]