Originally Posted by Daryl Hallquist
At first I thought Mr. Cash was kidding about the original blanks he selected. Maybe just some fishing for some goofy comments from the normal yahoos. I see some better blanks , but many have one side figure, or one side with receiver grain correct, but the other side not so good. I agree with gunmaker that #38 could be good if the layout was flip flopped .

Daryl, If you seriously think Bob was kidding about the original blanks he selected, then you haven't been paying attention to what drives him, aside from the hope to turn a nice profit on this Superposed when he sells it. This is someone who called me everything but a white English gentleman when I informed him a couple years ago that the finished stock on another Browning was not the same piece of wood that he had showed us in blank form. But he wasn't at all nasty to fellow Lib rocky mtn bill when Billy informed him that the finished stock was not only not from the same tree, but it wasn't even the same species of walnut. The knowledge some here have about double shotguns is literally what little they purchase when they pay their gunsmith.

Originally Posted by Bob Cash
Love most of you,
Hate some of you,
Thank all of you.

A thousand thank you's to Ky Jon.
Ted said it best, feathers belong on chickens
Cecil has the goods.

English Walnut, who knew?

I have no motivation to help someone choosing a stock blank when he joined a few of his Liberal pals in a doxxing attack on me here, and has called me a Nazi literally dozens of times here because I frequented the shop of a local gunsmith who was an armorer in the German Army during WWII, when I was in my teens. I'd have to guess that I'm one of those he hates. I'd also guess that it somehow makes sense to censor and moderate me, but not him. Every business has a target audience or market, and the Liberal left seems to be favored here. That isn't working out well at the moment for Anheuser Busch though. Time will tell.

I am surprised that of all these people making recommendations as to which blank to choose, nobody asked if the stock was to be a straight grip or pistol grip configuration. Only Ted and Doug Mann were concerned about grain flow through the grip and runout at the head. Those things would make a difference to me, more than how flashy the figure is in the butt.