Change is already here. I have dealt with nine family estates and had to clean out and liquidate too many households. Heirs want money not things.Things that get zero interest, that once were highly valued are china and glassware, furniture of just about any vintage, photos and painting, we had no great oil painting from one eared painters, sad to say. Fine rugs unless very, very old, or oversized for today's rooms. I had one antique rug which was almost 20' X 40' which sold quickly and for top dollar. Lesser one and more normal sizes were of little interest. I ended up having them appraised, bought them for that value and put them down into my basement instead of taking a few for settling the estate. You can not even have a auction to liquidate an estate as they just do not generate any interest and often even on line sale have 40% of bidders never show up to pick up and pay for things they won.

Man toys are in about the same boat. Heirs want cash, not grandpa's favorite fishing rod, boat, gun or truck. I find it somewhat sad really. Things which bought so much pride and joy to one generation are nothing to those who come afterwards. Even thing like family bible, complete with birth and death records have nobody willing to take them and they often say sell it or throw it away. So yes, I take them as well. It is family history and hopefully in a couple generations somebody will want them.