Well, good points. My range is heated, so, cold weather isn’t a factor. The last batch of ammunition through the old girl was indeed CCI mini mag solid points, I have a few thousand rounds of that in the orange plastic boxes. The last box of CCI ammunition I bought was a fifty round pack of some stuff that was hollow point, with silver cases, that I shot a squirrel head on with, and it literally blew him up, rendering a nice, fat, boar unfit for the table. This was about 45 seasons ago, and a few years back,while digging in my stuff, I found the box, blue plastic, with 50 rounds, missing one bullet. Never shot another round.
The magazine on the 241 is tubular, and in the stock. If it is cold out, the ammunition will be cold, too. The 581 has a clip, but, is a lefty gun, bought when I still fit that profile. I’m right handed, today. Not by choice, you understand, by circumstance.
The 552 Remington semi auto is the bomb, eats anything, and is just as accurate as the 581. I have to reverse the safety back to right hand use, but, that gun with the deflector on the side was pretty left hand friendly. In my little rimfire world, it is the standard by which all others are judged. I preferred using shorts for hunting, and haunted garage sales as a kid, buying long and short ammunition that nobody wanted, to feed to the 552. My friends all owned guns that only used LR, and were perpetually short, while I was swimming in several different types. I was the first kid to get glasses in the neighborhood (3rd grade) and the first kid to buy a scope, a Weaver K4 1”, that my Dad recommended. His guns all had 1.5-4 power optics, but, that was more than tween me could afford. The K4 is still there. I remember a sunny afternoon at an outdoor range, with a few friends and their 22s, when Dad sat down with that setup and shot a ten yard group that you could cover with a dime at the 50 yard mark.I lost most of my interest in his 241, at that point.
My kid loves that 241. His only connection to Grandpa, who died when he was three, are some of his things that were left to him, and various pictures of him. My interest, at this point, is seeing it run trouble free, so the kid and I have some fun with it.
They, my Dad and my boy, would have really clicked about now.

Wasn’t to be.

Thanks.

Best,
Ted