Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ive an early Lefever apart for sometime. Its done, and needs to be reassembled and passed on to another owner. Ive misplaced the pictures I took of how the push button forend parts are oriented, and Im stumped.

If youve got any images of how these pieces go back together, I would very much appreciate taking a look.

Thank you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill I know you like to do things yourself but in this case I think you should just send it to Buck Hamlin he is the best!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunny
Bill I know you like to do things yourself but in this case I think you should just send it to Buck Hamlin he is the best!

Yes Sir, I do like to sort things out myself if I can. I learn more that way.

After a few iterations, I figured it out last night. The gun is back together, looking good, and will be listed here for sale once I take its measurements.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw your before and after pics in your For Sale listing here. Nice work! It would be great if you get time to do the ferric chloride etch to bring out the contrast in the Damascus before the sale is completed.

I was a little disappointed in the suggestion that you should send the disassembled forearm iron to Buck Hamlin, even though he is a great double gunsmith. This is, after all, a Do-It-Yourself- Gunsmithing Forum. We all need to recognize that there will be jobs that are best left to a professional who has the tools and experience for certain jobs. We all need to know our own limitations and understand that sometimes, you just can't beat a bricklayer at his trade. Even many of the pros realize this, and farm certain things out, or refuse the work. But basic reassembly isn't rocket science, and there is little chance of doing permanent damage unless you are so ham-fisted that it should be against the law for you to touch a screwdriver. In this case, you were smart enough to take picture during disassembly, but just misplaced those images when it came time to reassemble.

That's a good lesson for all of us, because sometimes, there will be some period of time to forget things before we get around to completing a job. Notes, drawings, and photos can be as helpful as owning proper tools.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you for your words, Keith. I would like to for the pattern to display as well. Bit overwhelmed with the contents of my plate right now, so it may have to stay like it is for the next person to address.

Thanks again. Take care.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I second Keith's comments. I am a hunter first but the enjoyment I get when I hunt using something I have brought back to life is tremendous. I am learning lots and doing it on projects that if I totally screw up I have at least broke even by the knowledge of what not to do next time.

So far I have not totally screwed up. It is bound to happen though.

Keep learning. Looks like you are well on your way in the journey.

Great job on the shotgun.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.