April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (eightbore, Karl Graebner, dogon, 1 invisible), 1,198 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,128
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone have a single trigger mechanism for a Nitro? Is it possible to convert a double trigger to single on the Nitro? This one is a 16 Ga. Are the trigger plates common on these from gauge to gauge?

Thanks!

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Call Classic Gun Stocks, Oswego, NY. Maybe they can help. The old Company would do it for under $5.00 but those days are very long gone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They are more common on the Lefever A grades and the western Arms guns. But they were put on the nitros as well. They are a simple trigger, but not selectable.

Swapping to double triggers would be straight forward. The trigger plates are the same, or at least similar enoigh to make the interchange easily doable. You jist need the parts for the double teigger guns. If you want to do it and need the parts, contact me. I have everything, and lots of them.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

I may have misunderstood your question. I understood that you were asking about converting a double trigger gun to a single trigger gun?
BTW Ithaca advertised widely for converting double trigger guns to a single non-selective trigger. $3.21 at one point. More later.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Walter, you are correct. I have a double trigger gun that has had the barrels cut to the point that there is no discernible choke. No choke, no real advantage for double triggers. The gun is a good grouse gun in the fact that it can't be hurt much more than it has been! A single trigger would be fine and a little bit handier for me wearing gloves when it gets colder.

Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps Mr. Dudley has the parts to do the job. If not the Miller Trigger boys (Classic Gun Stocks) can do it BUT you may not like the price.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The SNS trigger is simple enough. Most parts are stamped out steel, then twisted and bent into shapes need.
IIRC the right hammer may be slightly different. The contour of the back side of it is slightly different than the plain 2 trigger gun hammer. The trigger is reset by a spring loaded arm riding on the back edge of the right hammer as it recocks each time.

Trigger plate is the same 2 slotted type. SNS trigger uses the left(rear) slot for the trigger. Right slot is filled.
Inside underneath the tang is the antidoubling counter weight.
A small slot milled to accept it and cross pinned. A simple coil spring supplies the power.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Walter, I'm thinking I'd be into the gun a bit to much with a Miller! $3.21? Where's that time machine?!

Kutter, great info! It seems that I don't need the trigger plate, just the mechanism. I was wondering how the trigger re-set. Could the existing hammer be modified or will I need to have the hammer too? I am thinking about buying a complete ST gun, converting mine to ST, converting/reselling the other. So, does it matter what gauge the donor gun is?

Thanks!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Walter C. Snyder
Perhaps Mr. Dudley has the parts to do the job. If not the Miller Trigger boys (Classic Gun Stocks) can do it BUT you may not like the price.

I was misunderstanding the question too.

If you want to convert from DT to ST, then yes, Miller is the way to go, but not the cheapest. And finding the parts just laying around somewhere for the Ithaca Lefever single triggers would be a difficult task. You would be better off buying a LNS or Western arms gun that has one and in rough shape and using it for the parts.

B.Dudley
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.