April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (NCTarheel, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 807 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,839
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
MJS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I bought my Remington 1894 EEO around forty years ago and I shot it for the first time yesterday at the local Sporting Clays course. I corresponded with Charlie Semmer and exchanged photos with him long before he wrote the book on Remingtons. He encouraged me to take it out and shoot it but at the time I was a collector and not a shotgun shooter. He told me that he often shot Sporting Clays with his EE but I had no desire to shoot mine at the time. I finally started shooting Sporting Clays about four years ago and try to shoot the course once a week. I decided it was time to take the EEO out for a spin. I used a low pressure load with ounce of # 8 shot in deference to the guns age. I have been using the same load in my put together CEO with no problems. The CEO consists of a stocked C grade action mated to a set of EEO Krupp barrels and a CEO forend. Luckily the barrels fit the C grade action perfectly and did not require any fitting and the forend also fit the action and barrels perfectly. Now I want to shoot my CEO 10 GA but the local course does not allow 10 GA shotguns.

Last edited by MJS; 08/20/17 03:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations. I shoot my B,C, and F grade Remingtons three times a week at my local club. There's really no good reason you shouldn't be able to shoot your 10ga - shot doesn't go any faster or farther. My reloads for my 1882 Remington hammer gun are only 1oz. If you need any data for the 10, go to the Parker web site. I just use mild 12ga loads, they'll be less pressure than the 12. Maybe you could find some Gauge Mates 10 to 12. Good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

NOW that is what I am talking about!!!
Well done, well done
Please report more
Come to Amarillo and we will shoot the 10 gauge smile
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pictures PLEASE

MJS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sorry, I have tried to take pictures but have not been able to take decent ones. Charlie Summer did a photo shoot on it and wrote it up in DGJ and his photos of my EEO are fantastic. I will try again and see if I can get decent photos to share.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow. Do you have any regrets for not shooting this gun prior to yesterday? 40 years is a long time to own something and never use it. I personally have a fairly difficult time trying to figure out the collector not user mentality. It's baffling to me.
Well anyway....it's nice that after 40 years of ownership you decided to get the gun out and let it do what it was made to do. Kudos for taking the big leap.

MJS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have no regrets in taking so long. I was a silhouette shooter and that took up most of my spare time. As a matter of fact I finally met up with Charlie at the BPCR Silhouette Nationals in Raton NM in 1997 or 98 and dropped off the EEO for him to take home and take the photos of it. I have a lot of other shotguns to shoot. If I want to shot a Remington I can shoot one of my CEO's or the BE I have with the 28 GA Briley tube set. I will shoot the EEO again but I do not plan on making a habit of it. I only took up Sporting Clays to try and improve my skills shooting ducks.

Last edited by MJS; 08/19/17 07:30 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope your not using tube sets, or not shooting the guns because they're Damascus barrels. I put on a SxS Shoot every year and there are plenty of damascus barreled guns being shot. I shoot damascus barreled guns every week. Shoot them, and enjoy it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Wow. Do you have any regrets for not shooting this gun prior to yesterday? 40 years is a long time to own something and never use it. I personally have a fairly difficult time trying to figure out the collector not user mentality. It's baffling to me.
Well anyway....it's nice that after 40 years of ownership you decided to get the gun out and let it do what it was made to do. Kudos for taking the big leap.

Could not agree more. Not criticizing, just baffled.

Can you narrow down the time frame of Mr Semmer's DGJ article?

Last edited by canvasback; 08/20/17 09:00 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
MJS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Paul
The BE is a 16 Ga that had been refinished and I wanted a 28 GA SXS to shoot so I had the tube set made for it. If I want to shoot a 16 GA I have my CEO to shoot. My hat is off to those of you that shoot your Damascus barreled shotguns.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.