April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,022 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I picked up my first 410, a Nitro Special, very good condition except the cut down stock.

What the state of inletting services these days for this type gun? They can use the original as a pattern I'll do the finishing, recommendations?

thanks,

Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rob they have a through bolt and are fairly easy to inlet and Gunstock Inc can probably fix you up on semi-inlet stock Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

I find Macon affordable and can do good work.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beware of Macon! I am sure they will find a way to screw up a nitro special stock. And if they do, you can be sure that they won't stand behind it.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

My personal experience has led me to vow to never do business with Macon.

I can't speak to the quality of their work, only that of their ethics.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

dudley: you stock guns...macon stocks guns...they are your competition...several times you have bad mouthed macon gunstocks on this forum...they have not bad mouthed you here...myself and others have had good experience with macon...it is poor form to bad mouth others in ones line of work...people dont like to do business with back stabbers...

Last edited by ed good; 08/18/17 12:04 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed ,that's not a fair comparison and you know it,Macon is not direct competition for Brian or any other stockmaker ...i've seen several examples of Macon's work come across my bench and it was very poor ,I have for the life of me no idea how they stay in business...the last one was a Sterlingworth stock with the top half of the head spliced with another piece of wood,others have run the gamut of oversized inletting to special order dimensions that were miles off ..thier customer service is well documented...the OP would in fact be far better off having someone competent like Dudley run out a stock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed I have personal experience with them accepting money (charging a credit card) for something they said was in stock and then finding out they don't have it and weren't going to have it in the future and then having to hound them for 9 months to get the money refunded.

I think they assumed because it was for a non US resident, they could tell me to go pound sand. I spent 30 years collecting my business receivables from small retailers. These guys were easy. Liars and crooks, but easy.

I'm with Chris Dawe on these guys. Finding out about the frequency of shoddy work and shady dealing is so easy, I can't understand how they stay in business.

Ed, detailing their actual performance is not back stabbing.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/18/17 07:39 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

some have had good experience with macon and some have not...

but, repeated bad mouthing with innuendo only, and with no specific details just seems vindictive to me...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, your opinion means very little to me, you should know this by now.

I do not apologize for my public opinion of Macon because their work IS THAT BAD.

I will summarize simply as that i have had multiple customers provide me with semi-inletted stocks from Macon to fit and finish. And EVERY ONE had issues. Some workable, and some that made the wood useless and i ended up having to re-duplicate and start over. This requiring the customer to throw money away since it is lost on macon because they do not stand behind their product.

The last instance was a stock that a customer paid $700 to them for the blank alone and specifically requested that the inletting be cut more undersized than they normally would. Guess what... it was nor undercut, and even over cut in a number of areas.

I am to the point now that i will not accept any work involving wood from them.

B.Dudley
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.