April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Roundsworth, eeb, susjwp, David Williamson, 1 invisible), 400 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I decided to put this article in a new thread. I dug through my old issues of Gun Digest and was able to find the original 1981 article and I thought it was interesting enough to photograph and post. So here it is. I think that if you change you zoom level and go up a notch or two you'll be able to read it. Enjoy
N.B: I'm having trouble reading this. Does anyone know of a way to sharpen up the print?
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 03/30/12 08:54 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Somewhere I have a copy of the auction catalog of his guns. He had some fantastic stuff and I wish they had held the auction in the Chicago area so I could have gone to watch.Some guns went quite reasonably.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I know where one his treasures lies in a collection....one day hopefully it may make it into my collection. Stunning to say the least.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I attended that auction in the early 80's over two days in MA. I remember I scraped together 20K in cash and came home with NOTHING!! A great event and I have seen some of the guns sell again over the years for LESS money then they brought at that auction. Auction fever can be very costly...............

nid-28
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If anyone has a way to sharpen up the article I posted so reading would be easier please let me know. Alternatively I can forward someone the 8 pages to do it themselves. IMO: The article is well worth the read.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

IMO, it should be scanned maybe to jpg then posted. I don't know if you can get those pages flat or not. You probably don't want to cut them out of their binding.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim
I have an old book about the work of the BSA and Daimlier factor during WW1 which i wanted to copy but not bend backwards for the scanner.
I just photographed it on an overcast day outdoors with an SLR set for 2mb per picture. I then uploaded it to photobucket and was pleased with the results as it is easily readable. I think the trick is to get good definition photos to start with of a high enough resolution so that when photobucket reduce the quality they are still readable.
Have a look at this and see what you think. If anyone else wants to see the rest i can send a link.
John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bill Davis
I attended that auction in the early 80's over two days in MA. I remember I scraped together 20K in cash and came home with NOTHING!! A great event and I have seen some of the guns sell again over the years for LESS money then they brought at that auction. Auction fever can be very costly...............

I remember it well, five of the most exciting days I can remember. I was working a week-on, week-off back then and the auction was on my week off so several friends got together and bought me a ticket to Hyannis, MA.

I was bidding for myself and several friends, I spent all my money and theirs. At the time I felt the prices were very high but I had tunnel vision. There was just not enough time from when I got the catalog until the auction to do the proper research that needed done.

I went after two of Mr. Niedner's personal guns and got both. One rifle I looked at and did not bit on I was was glad to pay seven (7) times what the original bidder paid for it twenty years later.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but for me looking at the catalog today, there were some real bargains.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.